Tracy Morgan Back in Nashville to Apologize for Anti-Gay Jokes
Tracy Morgan is back on the crime scene to deliver his apology. The "30 Rock" actor was slammed from many angles earlier this month when he joked during a stand-up gig that he would stab his son in the head with a knife if he ever came out to him as gay.
In a press released held in Nashville on Tuesday, June 21 morning, Morgan was accompanied by The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and Kevin Reynolds, who first reported about Morgan's anti-gay comments, to speak of his support to the communities. The event was attended not only by the press but also audience who felt offended by his jokes at the June 3 gig.
"I just wanted to take this opportunity to help and not hurt," the comedian said, adding "I apologize to Kevin and people that were at the show. I want to apologize to my friends, and my family and my fans and everyone in every community who were offended with this. I didn't know. I didn't mean it... I don't have a hateful bone in my body. I don't believe that anyone should be bullied or just made to feel bad about who they are."
"I totally feel that, in my heart, I don't care who you love, same-sex or not, as long as you have the ability to love... I don't really see gay or straight, I just see human beings now... From the bottom of my heart, I apologize to everybody... To err is human, to forgive is divine ... Thank you everybody for forgiving me."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal