Tracy Morgan Back in Nashville to Apologize for Anti-Gay Jokes
Tracy Morgan is back on the crime scene to deliver his apology. The "30 Rock" actor was slammed from many angles earlier this month when he joked during a stand-up gig that he would stab his son in the head with a knife if he ever came out to him as gay.
In a press released held in Nashville on Tuesday, June 21 morning, Morgan was accompanied by The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and Kevin Reynolds, who first reported about Morgan's anti-gay comments, to speak of his support to the communities. The event was attended not only by the press but also audience who felt offended by his jokes at the June 3 gig.
"I just wanted to take this opportunity to help and not hurt," the comedian said, adding "I apologize to Kevin and people that were at the show. I want to apologize to my friends, and my family and my fans and everyone in every community who were offended with this. I didn't know. I didn't mean it... I don't have a hateful bone in my body. I don't believe that anyone should be bullied or just made to feel bad about who they are."
"I totally feel that, in my heart, I don't care who you love, same-sex or not, as long as you have the ability to love... I don't really see gay or straight, I just see human beings now... From the bottom of my heart, I apologize to everybody... To err is human, to forgive is divine ... Thank you everybody for forgiving me."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show