Tracy Morgan Back in Nashville to Apologize for Anti-Gay Jokes
Tracy Morgan is back on the crime scene to deliver his apology. The "30 Rock" actor was slammed from many angles earlier this month when he joked during a stand-up gig that he would stab his son in the head with a knife if he ever came out to him as gay.
In a press released held in Nashville on Tuesday, June 21 morning, Morgan was accompanied by The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and Kevin Reynolds, who first reported about Morgan's anti-gay comments, to speak of his support to the communities. The event was attended not only by the press but also audience who felt offended by his jokes at the June 3 gig.
"I just wanted to take this opportunity to help and not hurt," the comedian said, adding "I apologize to Kevin and people that were at the show. I want to apologize to my friends, and my family and my fans and everyone in every community who were offended with this. I didn't know. I didn't mean it... I don't have a hateful bone in my body. I don't believe that anyone should be bullied or just made to feel bad about who they are."
"I totally feel that, in my heart, I don't care who you love, same-sex or not, as long as you have the ability to love... I don't really see gay or straight, I just see human beings now... From the bottom of my heart, I apologize to everybody... To err is human, to forgive is divine ... Thank you everybody for forgiving me."
- Liv Tyler, Mark Gatiss and Peter Mullan Will Star on BBC's 'Gunpowder'
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo