Roger Ebert's Facebook Page Removed After Ryan Dunn Comments
Roger Ebert continued to make comments about Ryan Dunn's car crash that he believed is the work of alcohol. The film critic refused to apologize for his "Friends don't let Jackasses drink and drive" tweet and was angry that Facebook suspended his page because it was included in the category of "hateful, threatening or obscene."
"Facebook has removed my page in response, apparently, to malicious complaints from one or two jerks," Ebert tweeted. He added, "Facebook! My page is harmless and an asset to you. Why did you remove it in response to anonymous jerks? Makes you look bad."
Ebert's fans defended him on Twitter and then his Facebook page came to live again within an hour. Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes blamed the removal on "error", saying "We apologize for the inconvenience."
Although not apologizing, Ebert admitted that he "was probably too quick to tweet" about the Monday, June 20 morning incident. "To begin with, I offer my sympathy to Ryan Dunn's family and friends, and to those of Zachary Hartwell, who also died in the crash. I mean that sincerely. It is tragic to lose a loved one," he wrote on his website.
"I also regret that my tweet about the event was considered cruel. It was not intended as cruel. It was intended as true. I have no way of knowing if Ryan Dunn was drunk at the time of his death. I don't know what happened in this case, and I was probably too quick to tweet. That was unseemly."
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt