'True Blood' Actors Among Contenders to Replace Chris Meloni on 'Law and Order: SVU'
The list of possible Chris Meloni's replacements on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" has been narrowed to five. Among those competing for the coveted part reportedly are two "True Blood" actors, Kevin Alejandro and Michael Raymond-James.
The former has appeared as Jesus Velasquez on the vampire-themed series since season 3 in addition to taking the role of Nate Moretta on "Parenthood". The latter, meanwhile, played Rene Lenier in the first season of the hit HBO show and starred on short-lived "Terriers". The twosome recently also guest starred on "SVU".
The other actors vying for the role are David Conrad ("Ghost Whisperer"), Danny Pino ("Cold Case") and Rhys Coiro ("Entourage"). According to Deadline, the five guys are being flown to New York to join a test opposite returning "SVU" star Mariska Hargitay.
Meloni will not return to a thirteenth season of "SVU" as his talks with studio NBC Universal broke down in May. Hargitay has also asked for a lighter work schedule to focus on her family. Jennifer Love Hewitt was rumored to come midway through the coming season to replace the Detective Olivia Benson depicter, but it reportedly will not happen.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?