'True Blood' Actors Among Contenders to Replace Chris Meloni on 'Law and Order: SVU'
The list of possible Chris Meloni's replacements on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" has been narrowed to five. Among those competing for the coveted part reportedly are two "True Blood" actors, Kevin Alejandro and Michael Raymond-James.
The former has appeared as Jesus Velasquez on the vampire-themed series since season 3 in addition to taking the role of Nate Moretta on "Parenthood". The latter, meanwhile, played Rene Lenier in the first season of the hit HBO show and starred on short-lived "Terriers". The twosome recently also guest starred on "SVU".
The other actors vying for the role are David Conrad ("Ghost Whisperer"), Danny Pino ("Cold Case") and Rhys Coiro ("Entourage"). According to Deadline, the five guys are being flown to New York to join a test opposite returning "SVU" star Mariska Hargitay.
Meloni will not return to a thirteenth season of "SVU" as his talks with studio NBC Universal broke down in May. Hargitay has also asked for a lighter work schedule to focus on her family. Jennifer Love Hewitt was rumored to come midway through the coming season to replace the Detective Olivia Benson depicter, but it reportedly will not happen.
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs