'True Blood' Actors Among Contenders to Replace Chris Meloni on 'Law and Order: SVU'
The list of possible Chris Meloni's replacements on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" has been narrowed to five. Among those competing for the coveted part reportedly are two "True Blood" actors, Kevin Alejandro and Michael Raymond-James.
The former has appeared as Jesus Velasquez on the vampire-themed series since season 3 in addition to taking the role of Nate Moretta on "Parenthood". The latter, meanwhile, played Rene Lenier in the first season of the hit HBO show and starred on short-lived "Terriers". The twosome recently also guest starred on "SVU".
The other actors vying for the role are David Conrad ("Ghost Whisperer"), Danny Pino ("Cold Case") and Rhys Coiro ("Entourage"). According to Deadline, the five guys are being flown to New York to join a test opposite returning "SVU" star Mariska Hargitay.
Meloni will not return to a thirteenth season of "SVU" as his talks with studio NBC Universal broke down in May. Hargitay has also asked for a lighter work schedule to focus on her family. Jennifer Love Hewitt was rumored to come midway through the coming season to replace the Detective Olivia Benson depicter, but it reportedly will not happen.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift