'True Blood' Actors Among Contenders to Replace Chris Meloni on 'Law and Order: SVU'
The list of possible Chris Meloni's replacements on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" has been narrowed to five. Among those competing for the coveted part reportedly are two "True Blood" actors, Kevin Alejandro and Michael Raymond-James.
The former has appeared as Jesus Velasquez on the vampire-themed series since season 3 in addition to taking the role of Nate Moretta on "Parenthood". The latter, meanwhile, played Rene Lenier in the first season of the hit HBO show and starred on short-lived "Terriers". The twosome recently also guest starred on "SVU".
The other actors vying for the role are David Conrad ("Ghost Whisperer"), Danny Pino ("Cold Case") and Rhys Coiro ("Entourage"). According to Deadline, the five guys are being flown to New York to join a test opposite returning "SVU" star Mariska Hargitay.
Meloni will not return to a thirteenth season of "SVU" as his talks with studio NBC Universal broke down in May. Hargitay has also asked for a lighter work schedule to focus on her family. Jennifer Love Hewitt was rumored to come midway through the coming season to replace the Detective Olivia Benson depicter, but it reportedly will not happen.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!