'Mad Men' Wins Big at Inaugural Critics' Choice TV Awards
"Mad Men" is victorious at the first Critics' Choice Television Awards. The AMC drama series wins three out of five nominations, taking home the coveted Best Drama prize. "Like a TV critic, I'm a champion of the underdog," creator Matt Weiner said when accepting the kudo at the June 20 ceremony.
The show gets the other nods through Jon Hamm who wins Best Actor in a Drama, and Christina Hendricks who is named Best Supporting Actress in Drama. The former is tied with Margo Martindale of "Justified" for the title.
"Modern Family", which led the nominations with six, only manages to snatch one prize, which is for Best Comedy category. It beats out "The Big Bang Theory", "Community", "Glee", "The Office", "Parks and Recreation" and "30 Rock".
Losing the Best Comedy award, "Big Bang" does not come home empty handed as the star Jim Parsons is honored with Best Actor in a Comedy Series. The Best Actress in a Comedy Series title, meanwhile, goes to Tina Fey of "30 Rock".
Other actors shining at the prize-giving event are Julianna Margulies, John Noble, Neil Patrick Harris and Busy Philipps. "American Idol" is a champ in best competition show category, while Best Reality Series sees a tie between "Hoarders" and "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".
The inaugural Critics' Choice TV Awards was hosted by Cat Deeley and will be aired Thursday, June 23 on ReelzChannel. Danny DeVito is the recipient of the icon award, saying "People might think TV critics are mindless parasites, but this proves you are not."
Best Drama Series: "Mad Men"
Best Actor in a Drama Series: Jon Hamm - "Mad Men"
Best Actress in a Drama Series: Julianna Margulies - "The Good Wife"
Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: John Noble - "Fringe"
Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Christina Hendricks - "Mad Men" and Margo Martindale - "Justified" (tied)
Best Comedy Series: "Modern Family"
Best Actor in a Comedy Series: Jim Parsons - "The Big Bang Theory"
Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Tina Fey - "30 Rock"
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Neil Patrick Harris - "How I Met Your Mother"
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Busy Philipps - "Cougar Town"
Best Reality Series: "Hoarders" and "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" (tied)
Best Reality Series, Competition: "American Idol"
Best Reality Show Host: Mike Rowe - "Dirty Jobs"
Best Talk Show: "The Daily Show"
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video