'Lost' Actress Is Woodland Elf in 'The Hobbit'
Director Peter Jackson has added new actors to "The Hobbit" line-up. Taking to his Facebook page, the director made it official that Evangeline Lilly and Barry Humphries will join Orlando Bloom, Andy Serkis and other cast members of the adventure fantasy movie.
Lily will take the role of a new character, a Woodland Elf named Tauriel, which means "daughter of Mirkwood". Meanwhile, Humphries will star as the Goblin King. Aside from the names of the characters, Jackson keeps the details under wrap.
Previously, Jackson announced that Luke Evans and Benedict Cumberbatch were tapped to play in the two-part movie. Welsh actor Evans will portray Bard the Bowman, while Cumberbatch provides voice for Smaug the dragon.
A Canadian actress, Lily is well-known for her role as Kate Austen on the ABC drama series "Lost". She also made big screen performances through the likes of "Afterwards" and "The Hurt Locker". The 31-year-old actress will next be seen in "Real Steel", starring opposite Hugh Jackman.
Humphries is a long-time manager of Dame Edna Everage. He also appeared in Spice Girls' film, "Spice World". Apart from his acting world, Humphries has also been a supporter of Australian politician, Les Patterson.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Bilbo later joins a company of thirteen dwarfs led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets Gollum, the creature that will change his life forever.
Based on a novel by J. R. R. Tolkien, the movie is split into two parts which are shot back-to-back. The first installment, "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on December 14, 2012, while the second one, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", is expected to hit theaters on December 13, 2013.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks