'Lost' Actress Is Woodland Elf in 'The Hobbit'
Director Peter Jackson has added new actors to "The Hobbit" line-up. Taking to his Facebook page, the director made it official that Evangeline Lilly and Barry Humphries will join Orlando Bloom, Andy Serkis and other cast members of the adventure fantasy movie.
Lily will take the role of a new character, a Woodland Elf named Tauriel, which means "daughter of Mirkwood". Meanwhile, Humphries will star as the Goblin King. Aside from the names of the characters, Jackson keeps the details under wrap.
Previously, Jackson announced that Luke Evans and Benedict Cumberbatch were tapped to play in the two-part movie. Welsh actor Evans will portray Bard the Bowman, while Cumberbatch provides voice for Smaug the dragon.
A Canadian actress, Lily is well-known for her role as Kate Austen on the ABC drama series "Lost". She also made big screen performances through the likes of "Afterwards" and "The Hurt Locker". The 31-year-old actress will next be seen in "Real Steel", starring opposite Hugh Jackman.
Humphries is a long-time manager of Dame Edna Everage. He also appeared in Spice Girls' film, "Spice World". Apart from his acting world, Humphries has also been a supporter of Australian politician, Les Patterson.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Bilbo later joins a company of thirteen dwarfs led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets Gollum, the creature that will change his life forever.
Based on a novel by J. R. R. Tolkien, the movie is split into two parts which are shot back-to-back. The first installment, "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on December 14, 2012, while the second one, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", is expected to hit theaters on December 13, 2013.
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly