Regis Philbin's Replacement Narrowed to Three
Due to Regis Philbin's impending exit from "Live with Regis and Kelly", Disney-ABC Domestic Television is currently looking for his replacement. According to Wall Street Journal, the company has narrowed down the list to three names, which are Ryan Seacrest, Andy Cohen and Mark Consuelos.
Seacrest has hosted American Idol" since the first season, but his contract with the FOX reality show would expire for the first time in years soon. His name emerged as a potential successor soon after Philbin announced his resignation, because 36-year-old is a fan of the senior host.
Cohen is a Bravo executive and hosts the network's late-night talk show. As for Consuelos, he frequently substitutes for Philbin on "Live with Regis and Kelly". The 40-year-old actor also happens to be married to co-host Kelly Ripa.
A spokesperson for Disney-ABC refuses to comment on the matter, saying "it's ridiculous at this point to be speculating about who will replace him" because Philbin is not expected to leave the show until November. Words are, the morning talk show will be rebooted once Disney-ABC executives find a new anchor.
Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa were recently hailed at 2011 Daytime Emmy Awards, bagging best talk show host kudo which they shared with Dr. Mehmet Oz of "The Dr. Oz Show".
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama