Regis Philbin's Replacement Narrowed to Three
Due to Regis Philbin's impending exit from "Live with Regis and Kelly", Disney-ABC Domestic Television is currently looking for his replacement. According to Wall Street Journal, the company has narrowed down the list to three names, which are Ryan Seacrest, Andy Cohen and Mark Consuelos.
Seacrest has hosted American Idol" since the first season, but his contract with the FOX reality show would expire for the first time in years soon. His name emerged as a potential successor soon after Philbin announced his resignation, because 36-year-old is a fan of the senior host.
Cohen is a Bravo executive and hosts the network's late-night talk show. As for Consuelos, he frequently substitutes for Philbin on "Live with Regis and Kelly". The 40-year-old actor also happens to be married to co-host Kelly Ripa.
A spokesperson for Disney-ABC refuses to comment on the matter, saying "it's ridiculous at this point to be speculating about who will replace him" because Philbin is not expected to leave the show until November. Words are, the morning talk show will be rebooted once Disney-ABC executives find a new anchor.
Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa were recently hailed at 2011 Daytime Emmy Awards, bagging best talk show host kudo which they shared with Dr. Mehmet Oz of "The Dr. Oz Show".
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'