Regis Philbin's Replacement Narrowed to Three
Due to Regis Philbin's impending exit from "Live with Regis and Kelly", Disney-ABC Domestic Television is currently looking for his replacement. According to Wall Street Journal, the company has narrowed down the list to three names, which are Ryan Seacrest, Andy Cohen and Mark Consuelos.
Seacrest has hosted American Idol" since the first season, but his contract with the FOX reality show would expire for the first time in years soon. His name emerged as a potential successor soon after Philbin announced his resignation, because 36-year-old is a fan of the senior host.
Cohen is a Bravo executive and hosts the network's late-night talk show. As for Consuelos, he frequently substitutes for Philbin on "Live with Regis and Kelly". The 40-year-old actor also happens to be married to co-host Kelly Ripa.
A spokesperson for Disney-ABC refuses to comment on the matter, saying "it's ridiculous at this point to be speculating about who will replace him" because Philbin is not expected to leave the show until November. Words are, the morning talk show will be rebooted once Disney-ABC executives find a new anchor.
Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa were recently hailed at 2011 Daytime Emmy Awards, bagging best talk show host kudo which they shared with Dr. Mehmet Oz of "The Dr. Oz Show".
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour