Regis Philbin's Replacement Narrowed to Three
Due to Regis Philbin's impending exit from "Live with Regis and Kelly", Disney-ABC Domestic Television is currently looking for his replacement. According to Wall Street Journal, the company has narrowed down the list to three names, which are Ryan Seacrest, Andy Cohen and Mark Consuelos.
Seacrest has hosted American Idol" since the first season, but his contract with the FOX reality show would expire for the first time in years soon. His name emerged as a potential successor soon after Philbin announced his resignation, because 36-year-old is a fan of the senior host.
Cohen is a Bravo executive and hosts the network's late-night talk show. As for Consuelos, he frequently substitutes for Philbin on "Live with Regis and Kelly". The 40-year-old actor also happens to be married to co-host Kelly Ripa.
A spokesperson for Disney-ABC refuses to comment on the matter, saying "it's ridiculous at this point to be speculating about who will replace him" because Philbin is not expected to leave the show until November. Words are, the morning talk show will be rebooted once Disney-ABC executives find a new anchor.
Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa were recently hailed at 2011 Daytime Emmy Awards, bagging best talk show host kudo which they shared with Dr. Mehmet Oz of "The Dr. Oz Show".
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign