Amy Winehouse Apologizes for Canceling Concerts After 'Disaster Show' in Serbia
Amy Winehouse has to scrap at least two of her scheduled concerts in Europe after being heavily booed during a recent concert in Serbia. The "Back to Black" singer canceled two gigs which were supposed to follow up the Serbian show; one was set to take place in Istanbul on June 20 and another was scheduled to be held in Athens on June 22.
On behalf of the singer, a spokesperson said, "She would like to apologize to fans expecting to see her at the shows but feels that this is the right thing to do." The rep stated furthermore, "Despite feeling sure that she wanted to fulfil these commitments, she has agreed with management that she cannot perform to the best of her ability and will return home."
The Serbian concert which prompted the cancellation was deemed as a "scandal" and a "disaster." Winehouse was jeered for showing up almost an hour late and displaying erratic behavior on stage. She reportedly appeared to be drunk, stumbling around the stage and failing to sing properly.
It was reported that the Grammy-winning British singer, who has been in and out of rehab for battling drug and alcohol issues, couldn't even remember lyrics of her songs. She repeatedly dropped her mics and at some points walked out of the stage, leaving it to her band and back-up singer to fill in for her.
Many of the concertgoers attending the show at the the Serbian capital of Belgrade walked out of the concert early in disappointment and anger. "It was horrible," one fan named Ivana Bilic said. "She should have canceled the whole thing, rather than appear at all like this."
Although it was confirmed that Winehouse has canceled two of her concerts, it's still unknown whether or not she would attend the rest of her European tour. Her representatives said it would be "worked out as soon as possible." The next date after canceled Istanbul and Athens gig is July 8 in Bilbao, Spain.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame