Amy Winehouse Apologizes for Canceling Concerts After 'Disaster Show' in Serbia
Amy Winehouse has to scrap at least two of her scheduled concerts in Europe after being heavily booed during a recent concert in Serbia. The "Back to Black" singer canceled two gigs which were supposed to follow up the Serbian show; one was set to take place in Istanbul on June 20 and another was scheduled to be held in Athens on June 22.
On behalf of the singer, a spokesperson said, "She would like to apologize to fans expecting to see her at the shows but feels that this is the right thing to do." The rep stated furthermore, "Despite feeling sure that she wanted to fulfil these commitments, she has agreed with management that she cannot perform to the best of her ability and will return home."
The Serbian concert which prompted the cancellation was deemed as a "scandal" and a "disaster." Winehouse was jeered for showing up almost an hour late and displaying erratic behavior on stage. She reportedly appeared to be drunk, stumbling around the stage and failing to sing properly.
It was reported that the Grammy-winning British singer, who has been in and out of rehab for battling drug and alcohol issues, couldn't even remember lyrics of her songs. She repeatedly dropped her mics and at some points walked out of the stage, leaving it to her band and back-up singer to fill in for her.
Many of the concertgoers attending the show at the the Serbian capital of Belgrade walked out of the concert early in disappointment and anger. "It was horrible," one fan named Ivana Bilic said. "She should have canceled the whole thing, rather than appear at all like this."
Although it was confirmed that Winehouse has canceled two of her concerts, it's still unknown whether or not she would attend the rest of her European tour. Her representatives said it would be "worked out as soon as possible." The next date after canceled Istanbul and Athens gig is July 8 in Bilbao, Spain.
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility