'Glee' Creator Ryan Murphy Announces Engagement
"Glee" creator Ryan Murphy has got engaged to longtime partner. The 45-year-old announced the exciting news himself during an interview with "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio interview Friday, June 17.
Dropping the personal news, Murphy told Seacrest, "I'm with a great fellow now who I've known for 15 years. We just got engaged and I'm very excited about it!" He, however, didn't provide the identity of his new fiance.
During the chat, Murphy also discussed about his hit show "Glee". He dispelled rumors that "half the cast" will be replaced next year as saying, "There are a few rumors out floating around that half the cast is going to be replaced by the winner of [Oxygen reality series] 'The Glee Project', which is not true. There's one winner and that person is joining the cast."
On the changes in the cast ensemble, Murphy said, "I don't think of it in terms of eliminating or replacing - I don't like that word." He added, "We didn't want to have a show where [the characters] were in high school for eight years. When we started out they were sophomores and last year they were juniors. This next year will be their senior year and then that group of kids will graduate."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger