Estella Warren Checks Into Rehab and Volunteers to Wear SCRAM Bracelet
Less than a week after she was charged with four misdemeanors stemming from her May 23 arrest, Estella Warren has checked herself into a residential treatment program. The former Victoria's Secret model has also volunteered to wear the alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet known as a SCRAM. Her lawyer confirmed to PEOPLE on Friday, June 17.
On the reason behind the decision, attorney Darren Kavinoky claimed his client wants to show the court she is serious about getting clean. "She wants to prove she isn't drinking," he explained. "She's committed to making the situation right and moving on in a way that's appropriate." Estella reportedly entered rehab shortly after making bail and has been wearing the bracelet for about 10 days.
"This scenario can be the catalyst for significant change," Darren continued on as referring to the "Planet of the Apes" actress' trouble with the law back in May. "Estella's attitude towards this whole thing is awesome. She's more than accepting. She's embracing the personal opportunities that have come from this."
Estella was alleged hitting three parked cars and driving away on May 23. When the police got to her, she resisted arrest and even kicked an officer. During the booking process in a police station, she managed to get out of her handcuffs and escape through a back door, but police was quick to recapture her.
On June 9, the 32-year-old was charged by the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office with DUI, hit-and-run, battery on a police officer and resisting arrest. She is facing up to six months in jail. While her arraignment for the four misdemeanors was initially scheduled for June 17, her lawyer has won a postponement until July 15.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala