Estella Warren Checks Into Rehab and Volunteers to Wear SCRAM Bracelet
Less than a week after she was charged with four misdemeanors stemming from her May 23 arrest, Estella Warren has checked herself into a residential treatment program. The former Victoria's Secret model has also volunteered to wear the alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet known as a SCRAM. Her lawyer confirmed to PEOPLE on Friday, June 17.
On the reason behind the decision, attorney Darren Kavinoky claimed his client wants to show the court she is serious about getting clean. "She wants to prove she isn't drinking," he explained. "She's committed to making the situation right and moving on in a way that's appropriate." Estella reportedly entered rehab shortly after making bail and has been wearing the bracelet for about 10 days.
"This scenario can be the catalyst for significant change," Darren continued on as referring to the "Planet of the Apes" actress' trouble with the law back in May. "Estella's attitude towards this whole thing is awesome. She's more than accepting. She's embracing the personal opportunities that have come from this."
Estella was alleged hitting three parked cars and driving away on May 23. When the police got to her, she resisted arrest and even kicked an officer. During the booking process in a police station, she managed to get out of her handcuffs and escape through a back door, but police was quick to recapture her.
On June 9, the 32-year-old was charged by the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office with DUI, hit-and-run, battery on a police officer and resisting arrest. She is facing up to six months in jail. While her arraignment for the four misdemeanors was initially scheduled for June 17, her lawyer has won a postponement until July 15.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked