First Look at Long-Haired Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
The first official photo from "Rock of Ages" has been shared. Director Adam Shankman has taken to his Twitter account to post the image of long-haired Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx, a rocker from the forthcoming drama musical movie.
The picture offers a sneak-peek to Cruise who is performing on a stage, with jewelery and tattoos decorating his shirtless body. Besides the image, Shankman posted a message which is read, "Ladies and gents: first look at tom cruise as stacee jaxx! First day of shooting!"
Recently, Shankman opened up to USA Today that the actor has excellent vocal chops, which convinced the director to choose the husband of Katie Holmes as the frontman of "Rock of Ages". "His character has elements of Axl Rose, Keith Richards and Bret Michaels," he said.
During the interview, Shankman also admitted that he made a revision on the original Broadway musical. While in the original script Jaxx is more of a "predatory snake", Cruise's character tends to be a "lost boy". "We made him what these guys are, man children," so Shankman explained. "Someone no one says no to. More of an innocent who does something wrong and doesn't know it."
"Rock of Ages" revolves around a small town girl who met a big city rocker. And, in LA's most famous rock club, they fell in love to the greatest songs of the 80s. The casting department also includes Julianne Hough who stars as Sherrie Christian, Diego Boneta who portrays Drew Boley, and Malin Akerman who plays Constance Sack. The musical film will make its way out nationwide on June 1, 2012.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy