First Look at Long-Haired Tom Cruise in 'Rock of Ages'
The first official photo from "Rock of Ages" has been shared. Director Adam Shankman has taken to his Twitter account to post the image of long-haired Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx, a rocker from the forthcoming drama musical movie.
The picture offers a sneak-peek to Cruise who is performing on a stage, with jewelery and tattoos decorating his shirtless body. Besides the image, Shankman posted a message which is read, "Ladies and gents: first look at tom cruise as stacee jaxx! First day of shooting!"
Recently, Shankman opened up to USA Today that the actor has excellent vocal chops, which convinced the director to choose the husband of Katie Holmes as the frontman of "Rock of Ages". "His character has elements of Axl Rose, Keith Richards and Bret Michaels," he said.
During the interview, Shankman also admitted that he made a revision on the original Broadway musical. While in the original script Jaxx is more of a "predatory snake", Cruise's character tends to be a "lost boy". "We made him what these guys are, man children," so Shankman explained. "Someone no one says no to. More of an innocent who does something wrong and doesn't know it."
"Rock of Ages" revolves around a small town girl who met a big city rocker. And, in LA's most famous rock club, they fell in love to the greatest songs of the 80s. The casting department also includes Julianne Hough who stars as Sherrie Christian, Diego Boneta who portrays Drew Boley, and Malin Akerman who plays Constance Sack. The musical film will make its way out nationwide on June 1, 2012.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes