Ark Music Fuming Over Rebecca Black's Copyright Infringement Allegation
Ark Music Factory was quick to issue statement regarding the removal of Rebecca Black's "Friday" music video from YouTube due to so-called copyright infringement issue. Fuming at the allegation, the company came to their defense, insisting that they didn't violate any guidelines and claiming their use of the video is fully authorized.
"We're disappointed, having been in good faith negotiations with Rebecca Black and her representatives for months regarding any open issues," said a spokesperson for Ark. "There's been an ongoing, open dialogue with our company. So we were blindsided to get a Take Down Notice - with no notice - alleging copyright infringement instead of a call or email from Rebecca's representatives."
"Our use of the video has fully been authorized (as evidenced by four uninterrupted months and 160 million-plus viewings without objection) by both Ms. Black and the copyright holder," the rep pointed out further. "Regardless, we are going to continue to take the high road and work out the complaint as soon as possible so that the million-plus people who watch Friday for free each day can continue to enjoy the video."
Rebecca Black and her team took matter into their own hands on June 16 after learning that "Friday" music video has been briefly rented for $2.99 by Ark Music on YouTube. Her team was unhappy because there was a lot of negative publicity towards her following the video rental. "We submitted a Take Down Notice to YouTube as a result of the dispute we have with Ark Music regarding the 'Friday' video," they said.
Adding the statement from her team, Rebecca herself wrote on Twitter, "Thanks for all the messages regarding the $2.99 fee added to Friday video, I have NOTHING to do with this!! PS...My Manager and Lawyer are on this and are going to get to the bottom of this! Stay tuned..."
By Friday, June 17, the music video mysteriously returned to YouTube under a page which was claimed as Rebecca's official VEVO account. It's removed shortly after because "the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!