Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'