Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
More Susan Boyle News
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand