Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'