Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion