Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters
- Kourtney Kardashian Cradles Baby Doll While Covering Her Belly in New Pic