Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified