Play Based on Susan Boyle to Open in March 2012
So inspiring is Susan Boyle's life story that she would be the subject of a musical play. The Scottish singer's meteoric rise is brought to life in "I Dreamed a Dream" with actress Elaine C Smith portraying Boyle. Smith is best known as Mary in long-running Scottish sitcom "Rab C Nesbitt".
"I never thought my life story would end up on the stage but a lot has happened in two years and it is a very exciting prospect. I hope everyone enjoys the show and I promise there will be a few surprises along the way," said Boyle who came second on 2009 "Britain's Got Talent".
The play would open at Newcastle's Theater Royal in March next year and tour for about half a year in U.K., U.S. and Australia. Tickets would be sold next month.
"She is an inspiring woman and her story is an excellent one to tell - someone with a raw talent who surprises the world and overturns all the odds to make a new life for herself," producer Michael Harrison said. "It's got all the qualities of a fairytale, but with the added bonus of being absolutely true."
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof