Man Accused as Mastermind of Tupac Shakur Shooting Denies Involvement
Hip-Hop mogul James Rosemond did not hire convicted felon Dexter Isaac to attack Tupac Shakur, his lawyer insisted. On Thursday, May 16, a day after Dexter confessed he had shot and robbed the late rapper in 1994, Jeffrey Lichtman spoke out against the allegation. He told E! News, "How anyone can take this animal's word as true without any corroboration at all is frankly beyond me."
Jeffrey went on to blast Dexter by saying that he "is a guy who is a convicted psychotic killer, who is currently serving a life sentence without parole." He added, "And what he failed to mention in his statement where he claims that he is not cooperating, is that he was brought back from a prison in Colorado to Brooklyn solely to cooperate with federal authorities."
"He has been cooperating for months in a desperate attempt to get out from under his life sentence," the attorney said further in defense of his client. "All of a sudden, 17 years later, in a desperate attempt to get out from under his sentence he is making up this story about Jimmy."
Dexter came clean about the 1994 incident during which he shot and robbed Tupac outside a studio in Manhattan to AllHipHop. He claimed to have been paid by James, the owner of Czar Entertainment, to do so. "He [Rosemond] gave me $2,500, plus all the jewelry I took, except for one ring, which he wanted for himself," he told the site.
Dexter continued to recall, "It was the biggest of the two diamond rings that we took. He said he wanted to put the stone in a new setting for his girlfriend at the time, Synthia Ried. I still have as proof the chain that we took that night in the robbery." On the reason why he confessed, he said, "I want to apologize to his family [Tupac Shakur] and for the mistake I did for that sucker [James]."
More Tupac Shakur News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson