'Black Swan' Helmer Darren Aronofsky to Direct HBO's Pilot 'Hobgoblin'
Darren Aronofsky is expanding his wings to small screen. Following his acclaimed work "Black Swan", the former fiance of Rachel Weisz is set to make his first foray into television with HBO's "Hobgoblin".
The 42-year-old filmmaker is set to direct the pilot, the network has confirmed. He will also serve as an executive producer for the not-yet-greenlit series along with John Lesher and Adam Kassan of Le Grisbi Productions as well as Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman.
"Hobgoblin" revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II. Pulitzer Prize-winner Chabon and his author wife Waldman are tapped to write the pilot.
Darren Aronofsky recently dropped out of "The Wolverine", which will serve as a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". "The Wrestler" helmer at that time explained he decided not to take the project because the production would keep him away from his family for a long time.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit