'Black Swan' Helmer Darren Aronofsky to Direct HBO's Pilot 'Hobgoblin'
Darren Aronofsky is expanding his wings to small screen. Following his acclaimed work "Black Swan", the former fiance of Rachel Weisz is set to make his first foray into television with HBO's "Hobgoblin".
The 42-year-old filmmaker is set to direct the pilot, the network has confirmed. He will also serve as an executive producer for the not-yet-greenlit series along with John Lesher and Adam Kassan of Le Grisbi Productions as well as Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman.
"Hobgoblin" revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II. Pulitzer Prize-winner Chabon and his author wife Waldman are tapped to write the pilot.
Darren Aronofsky recently dropped out of "The Wolverine", which will serve as a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". "The Wrestler" helmer at that time explained he decided not to take the project because the production would keep him away from his family for a long time.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story