'Black Swan' Helmer Darren Aronofsky to Direct HBO's Pilot 'Hobgoblin'
Darren Aronofsky is expanding his wings to small screen. Following his acclaimed work "Black Swan", the former fiance of Rachel Weisz is set to make his first foray into television with HBO's "Hobgoblin".
The 42-year-old filmmaker is set to direct the pilot, the network has confirmed. He will also serve as an executive producer for the not-yet-greenlit series along with John Lesher and Adam Kassan of Le Grisbi Productions as well as Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman.
"Hobgoblin" revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II. Pulitzer Prize-winner Chabon and his author wife Waldman are tapped to write the pilot.
Darren Aronofsky recently dropped out of "The Wolverine", which will serve as a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". "The Wrestler" helmer at that time explained he decided not to take the project because the production would keep him away from his family for a long time.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle