'Black Swan' Helmer Darren Aronofsky to Direct HBO's Pilot 'Hobgoblin'
Darren Aronofsky is expanding his wings to small screen. Following his acclaimed work "Black Swan", the former fiance of Rachel Weisz is set to make his first foray into television with HBO's "Hobgoblin".
The 42-year-old filmmaker is set to direct the pilot, the network has confirmed. He will also serve as an executive producer for the not-yet-greenlit series along with John Lesher and Adam Kassan of Le Grisbi Productions as well as Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman.
"Hobgoblin" revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II. Pulitzer Prize-winner Chabon and his author wife Waldman are tapped to write the pilot.
Darren Aronofsky recently dropped out of "The Wolverine", which will serve as a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". "The Wrestler" helmer at that time explained he decided not to take the project because the production would keep him away from his family for a long time.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed