'Black Swan' Helmer Darren Aronofsky to Direct HBO's Pilot 'Hobgoblin'
Darren Aronofsky is expanding his wings to small screen. Following his acclaimed work "Black Swan", the former fiance of Rachel Weisz is set to make his first foray into television with HBO's "Hobgoblin".
The 42-year-old filmmaker is set to direct the pilot, the network has confirmed. He will also serve as an executive producer for the not-yet-greenlit series along with John Lesher and Adam Kassan of Le Grisbi Productions as well as Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman.
"Hobgoblin" revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II. Pulitzer Prize-winner Chabon and his author wife Waldman are tapped to write the pilot.
Darren Aronofsky recently dropped out of "The Wolverine", which will serve as a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". "The Wrestler" helmer at that time explained he decided not to take the project because the production would keep him away from his family for a long time.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby