'Black Swan' Helmer Darren Aronofsky to Direct HBO's Pilot 'Hobgoblin'
Darren Aronofsky is expanding his wings to small screen. Following his acclaimed work "Black Swan", the former fiance of Rachel Weisz is set to make his first foray into television with HBO's "Hobgoblin".
The 42-year-old filmmaker is set to direct the pilot, the network has confirmed. He will also serve as an executive producer for the not-yet-greenlit series along with John Lesher and Adam Kassan of Le Grisbi Productions as well as Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman.
"Hobgoblin" revolves around a group of con men and magicians who, using their deception skills, help defeat Hitler and the Germans during World War II. Pulitzer Prize-winner Chabon and his author wife Waldman are tapped to write the pilot.
Darren Aronofsky recently dropped out of "The Wolverine", which will serve as a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". "The Wrestler" helmer at that time explained he decided not to take the project because the production would keep him away from his family for a long time.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56