Skylar Grey's Official First Solo Single 'Invincible' Comes Out
Roughly a week after dropping a buzz song "Dance Without You", Skylar Grey has finally released her first official solo single "Invincible". She doesn't stray away from the dark theme introduced in the "Dance Without You". She powers this new drum-driven track that comes from production hands of Alex da Kid with some mellow, and brooding lyrics.
"Even when I'm walking on a wire/ Even when I set myself on fire / Why do I always feel invisible?" she coos in between the lazy beat. "Even though inside I'm such a mess / Why do I always feel invisible?" It continues with, "Trying everything to make them see me / But all they see is someone that's not me."
Skylar debuted the song on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. During the interview, she said, "[Invisible] is where I started out when I moved up to the woods and I was trying to find out who I was in the world because I felt very lost." She added, "Then I came out of that whole experience with this new found strength and I made me feel invincible, the whole theme of the album tells that story."
The singer/songwriter will skip summer and leave it to those artists with more upbeat tracks to fill it. She prefers to drop her own debut album, also titled "Invincible", this fall just in time for those dance tracks to subdue and make a room for her mellow, and dark beat.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna