Skylar Grey's Official First Solo Single 'Invincible' Comes Out
Roughly a week after dropping a buzz song "Dance Without You", Skylar Grey has finally released her first official solo single "Invincible". She doesn't stray away from the dark theme introduced in the "Dance Without You". She powers this new drum-driven track that comes from production hands of Alex da Kid with some mellow, and brooding lyrics.
"Even when I'm walking on a wire/ Even when I set myself on fire / Why do I always feel invisible?" she coos in between the lazy beat. "Even though inside I'm such a mess / Why do I always feel invisible?" It continues with, "Trying everything to make them see me / But all they see is someone that's not me."
Skylar debuted the song on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. During the interview, she said, "[Invisible] is where I started out when I moved up to the woods and I was trying to find out who I was in the world because I felt very lost." She added, "Then I came out of that whole experience with this new found strength and I made me feel invincible, the whole theme of the album tells that story."
The singer/songwriter will skip summer and leave it to those artists with more upbeat tracks to fill it. She prefers to drop her own debut album, also titled "Invincible", this fall just in time for those dance tracks to subdue and make a room for her mellow, and dark beat.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season