Skylar Grey's Official First Solo Single 'Invincible' Comes Out
Roughly a week after dropping a buzz song "Dance Without You", Skylar Grey has finally released her first official solo single "Invincible". She doesn't stray away from the dark theme introduced in the "Dance Without You". She powers this new drum-driven track that comes from production hands of Alex da Kid with some mellow, and brooding lyrics.
"Even when I'm walking on a wire/ Even when I set myself on fire / Why do I always feel invisible?" she coos in between the lazy beat. "Even though inside I'm such a mess / Why do I always feel invisible?" It continues with, "Trying everything to make them see me / But all they see is someone that's not me."
Skylar debuted the song on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. During the interview, she said, "[Invisible] is where I started out when I moved up to the woods and I was trying to find out who I was in the world because I felt very lost." She added, "Then I came out of that whole experience with this new found strength and I made me feel invincible, the whole theme of the album tells that story."
The singer/songwriter will skip summer and leave it to those artists with more upbeat tracks to fill it. She prefers to drop her own debut album, also titled "Invincible", this fall just in time for those dance tracks to subdue and make a room for her mellow, and dark beat.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie