'Green Lantern' Parodied in New 'The Muppets' Trailer
A new trailer from "The Muppets" has landed online, and it serves as a spoof for "Green Lantern". A person whose voice sounds similar to Ryan Reynolds' narrates the video, bringing a mysterious atmosphere of "Green Lantern". The narrator later replaces the "Beware my power" words with "Beware my banjo."
From that point, Kermit the frog and his "Muppet" friends take over the video. The snippet also offers a glimpse of Chris Cooper starring as Tex Richman, the nefarious plan of oilman. The emerald-hued video ends with "Not in Swedish. We promise" tag.
On a vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world's biggest Muppet fan, and his friends Gary and Mary from Smalltown, USA, discover that Tex plans to raze the Muppet Theater and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets' former stomping grounds. To stage The Greatest Muppet Telethon Ever and raise the $10 million needed to save the theater, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have all gone their separate ways.
Jason Segel stars as Gary, and Amy Adams portrays Mary. "The Muppets" also features the likes of Rashida Jones, Emily Blunt, Ricky Gervais, and Rachael Ray as other characters. Directed by James Bobin, the film is slated for November 23 release nationwide.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues