'Green Lantern' Parodied in New 'The Muppets' Trailer
A new trailer from "The Muppets" has landed online, and it serves as a spoof for "Green Lantern". A person whose voice sounds similar to Ryan Reynolds' narrates the video, bringing a mysterious atmosphere of "Green Lantern". The narrator later replaces the "Beware my power" words with "Beware my banjo."
From that point, Kermit the frog and his "Muppet" friends take over the video. The snippet also offers a glimpse of Chris Cooper starring as Tex Richman, the nefarious plan of oilman. The emerald-hued video ends with "Not in Swedish. We promise" tag.
On a vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world's biggest Muppet fan, and his friends Gary and Mary from Smalltown, USA, discover that Tex plans to raze the Muppet Theater and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets' former stomping grounds. To stage The Greatest Muppet Telethon Ever and raise the $10 million needed to save the theater, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have all gone their separate ways.
Jason Segel stars as Gary, and Amy Adams portrays Mary. "The Muppets" also features the likes of Rashida Jones, Emily Blunt, Ricky Gervais, and Rachael Ray as other characters. Directed by James Bobin, the film is slated for November 23 release nationwide.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande