'Percy Jackson' Sequel Finds Director, Logan Lerman Locked to Return
20th Century Fox has chosen a helmer to serve behind the lens for "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters". Thor Freudenthal, the director of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" has been tapped to helm project.
According to 24 Frames, the studio also "has exercised the option" on Logan Lerman. This means that the 19-year-old actor has been locked to return to the "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" sequel to reprise his role as the titular character.
Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski have been brought on to provide the script. Chris Columbus, who directed the first "Percy Jackson" film, now teams up with Michael Barnathan and Karen Rosenfelt to produce the mythology-influenced movie.
"Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters" follows seventh-grade Percy who is once again plunged to another trouble with giants. As Annabeth comes, Percy finds another bad news that the Camp Half-Blood's safety is under threat. This fantasy movie may arrive in theaters as early as 2012.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked