'Percy Jackson' Sequel Finds Director, Logan Lerman Locked to Return
20th Century Fox has chosen a helmer to serve behind the lens for "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters". Thor Freudenthal, the director of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" has been tapped to helm project.
According to 24 Frames, the studio also "has exercised the option" on Logan Lerman. This means that the 19-year-old actor has been locked to return to the "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" sequel to reprise his role as the titular character.
Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski have been brought on to provide the script. Chris Columbus, who directed the first "Percy Jackson" film, now teams up with Michael Barnathan and Karen Rosenfelt to produce the mythology-influenced movie.
"Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters" follows seventh-grade Percy who is once again plunged to another trouble with giants. As Annabeth comes, Percy finds another bad news that the Camp Half-Blood's safety is under threat. This fantasy movie may arrive in theaters as early as 2012.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip