Selena Gomez: I Do Get Caught Up in Fame Sometimes
Selena Gomez isn't shy of admitting that she can be vain. The Alex Russo of "Wizards of Waverly Place" gets candid in "E! Entertainment Special: Selena Gomez", which will premiere on June 29 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT, and excerpt from the TV special reveals that she says she does get caught up in her fame sometimes.
"This is a very superficial job," the 18-year-old girlfriend of pop singer Justin Bieber expresses her thought. "I sit in a chair for two hours and get hair and makeup done and talk about [myself] in interviews. That's a very vain thing to do." She goes on to confess, "And I do get caught up in it sometimes. I do."
When talking about her being a role model, Selena says she never asked to be one, but has learned to embrace it. "I never really said I want to be a role model. But then when it happened I was so down for it," she dishes on. "Once I realized that I'd have a little girl come to [me] and say she wants to be just like [me]. It [is] beautiful and I accept it."
The songstress, who was recently hospitalized because of malnourishment and exhaustion, adds that she too makes mistake. "I'm human, I'm not perfect. I make mistakes all the time, but I guess my job is to keep those mistakes to myself, which I'm already fine doing and just try to be the best I can be for those kids," so she claims.
On her parents' divorce, the "Who Says" singer admits, "I wanted a family so bad. I wanted to have my dad and my mom together. So it was really, it was really hard." Her mother Mandy Teefey chimes in, "It was very hard for her. And, she didn't understand. You know, it was like destroying her family. All we could do is just say, 'I'm sorry, but you will understand one day.' "
More Selena Gomez News
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury