Rebecca Black Removes 'Friday' Video From YouTube and Plans Legal Action
A few days after her "Friday" music video was briefly rented on YouTube, Rebecca Black sent a letter to the video-sharing website asking them to delete the clip. A representative for the teen singer revealed that she was upset with Ark Music Factory for listing the video as a pay-to-play material.
"We can confirm that we submitted a Take Down Notice to YouTube as a result of the dispute we have with Ark Music regarding the 'Friday' video," the rep said in a statement to TMZ. Now "the video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Rebecca Black," so it was noted on the video-sharing website.
Earlier this week, Ark Music tried to boost the sales of "Friday" by renting the video for $2.99. However, the marketing strategy didn't seem to work out. The video was switched back to become a free content again in the same day because the responses have been very negative.
"Thanks for all the messages regarding the $2.99 fee added to Friday video, I have NOTHING to do with this!!" the youngster wrote on Twitter in response to the issue. "PS...My Manager and Lawyer are on this and are going to get to the bottom of this! Stay tuned..."
Although the "Friday" video has been removed, fans need no worry because they can catch a glimpse at Rebecca in Katy Perry's Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" music video. She's the neighbor who gives Katy's nerdy alter ego, Kathy Beth Terry, a "cool" makeover and invited the geeky girl to a party which is crowded by Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, Kenny G and Hanson.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman