NYPD Investigating Confession by Tupac Shakur's Shooter
The New York Police Department have launched a formal investigation into an online posting from convicted felon Dexter Issac who confessed to have shot and robbed late rapper Tupac Shakur in 1994. The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, June 15, spokesman Paul Browne said police might seek to interview the inmate if they determine the post is legitimate.
AllHipHop sent the media abuzz after posting Dexter's confession. Coming clean about the 1994 incident, the man who is currently serving life in prison for murder, robbery and other offenses, claimed he was paid $2,500 dollars by James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond to rob the rapper outside a studio in Manhattan.
"He [Rosemond] gave me $2,500, plus all the jewelry I took, except for one ring, which he wanted for himself," he told the site. "It was the biggest of the two diamond rings that we took. He said he wanted to put the stone in a new setting for his girlfriend at the time, Synthia Ried. I still have as proof the chain that we took that night in the robbery."
Coming forward with the information on the eve of Tupac's 40th birthday, Dexter expressed his apology to the late rapper's loved ones. "I want to apologize to his family [Tupac Shakur] and for the mistake I did for that sucker [Jimmy Henchman]," he said from prison. "I am trying to clean it up to give [Tupac and Biggie's] mothers some closure."
The shooting that happened on November 30, 1994 was the start of a deadly feud that led to the murders of both Tupac and Notorious B.I.G.. Tupac was gunned down in 1996 in an unsolved slaying, while B.I.G. was shot to death in Los Angeles six months later, in March 1997. James, who was accused by Dexter of paying him for the shooting, has long denied any ties into the 1994 incident.
More Tupac Shakur News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville