Video Premiere: Bon Iver's 'Calgary'
Bon Iver have just dropped a music video in support of his latest single "Calgary". The dark, yet romantic and enigmatic clip follows a young woman as she wakes up in an underground bed, makes her way out of the ground, and meets sun with the other youngsters.
The video was directed by Andre Durand and Dan Huiting. Produced by Daniel Cummings and Picture Machine Productions, it was filmed in April 2011 in Fall Creek, WI. The single itself is taken from the band's self-titled studio album "Bon Iver" which is due in the U.S. on June 21.
When talking to Pitchfork recently, lead singer Justin Vernon said the song is one of the materials in the album which he is proud of lyrically. He explained, "[It] really feels like an accomplishment to me. It has a form, a repetitive idea, and a good cadence."
"I really like the opening line: 'Don't you cherish me to sleep.' There's that whole thing that happens in relationships-- you can love someone but, as soon as they stop loving you so unconditionally that they stop being themselves, it can be so dangerous."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak