Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Trey Songz to Perform at 2011 BET Awards
The performer line-up of 2011 BET Awards is getting longer. After booking Alicia Keys, Chris Brown, Jill Scott, Drake and Lil Wayne, the organizers secured Beyonce Knowles as another official musical guest of the prize-giving event.
Expected to sing her second single "Best Thing I Never Had", Beyonce receives one coveted nomination this year. The "Run the World (Girls)" singer is vying for Best Female R&B Artist, going head-to-head with the likes of Marsha Ambrosius, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Hudson and Rihanna.
In addition to Beyonce, BET reportedly has also tapped Mary J. Blige, Trey Songz and Kelly Rowland to make a live performance. According to Entertainment Weekly, Cee-Lo Green will additionally make a "special appearance" at the awards show. Official announcement is expected to be made sometime soon.
Honoring the best in music and movie, 2011 BET Awards will air live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 26 with Kevin Hart as a host. Special honorees are Patti LaBelle for Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure