Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Trey Songz to Perform at 2011 BET Awards
The performer line-up of 2011 BET Awards is getting longer. After booking Alicia Keys, Chris Brown, Jill Scott, Drake and Lil Wayne, the organizers secured Beyonce Knowles as another official musical guest of the prize-giving event.
Expected to sing her second single "Best Thing I Never Had", Beyonce receives one coveted nomination this year. The "Run the World (Girls)" singer is vying for Best Female R&B Artist, going head-to-head with the likes of Marsha Ambrosius, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Hudson and Rihanna.
In addition to Beyonce, BET reportedly has also tapped Mary J. Blige, Trey Songz and Kelly Rowland to make a live performance. According to Entertainment Weekly, Cee-Lo Green will additionally make a "special appearance" at the awards show. Official announcement is expected to be made sometime soon.
Honoring the best in music and movie, 2011 BET Awards will air live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 26 with Kevin Hart as a host. Special honorees are Patti LaBelle for Lifetime Achievement Award and Steve Harvey for Humanitarian Award.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship