Nicolas Cage Reacts to Ex's Plans to Get Conservatorship Over Son
Nicolas Cage is speaking up about ex-girlfriend Christina Fulton's attempt to obtain a conservatorship over their son, Weston. Met outside a Los Angeles courthouse where he and Christina worked on the settlement over her $13 million lawsuit against him, the "Kick-Ass" star suggested she is the one who needs help.
Sharing his response to her plans in taking legal action to oversee Weston, 47-year-old Nic told TMZ, "I hope Ms. Fulton will come to her senses one day and get some help." The "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" actor added that he is adamant their son doesn't need her help. "Weston is a man. I have complete faith he will weather this well," he stated.
On Tuesday, June 14, Christina told reporters outside the courtroom that she is seeking to gain conservatorship of their 20-year-old son, who was placed on a psychiatric hold recently after getting involved in a violent altercation. "I'm going to be seeking to gain conservatorship of my son. It has to be done. I'm his mother and I have to protect him," she said.
Days earlier, Christina told CNN she doesn't want Weston to be in Nic's care. In response to her remarks, Weston sent out a statement through his father's lawyer in which he said, "I am an adult. I don't want to have anything to do with my mother. Any problems that I have ever had is because of the relationship that I had with my mother."
The statement prompted Christina to insist, "My son is under a spell. He's under a trance. Weston would say whatever his dad wants him to say." She further claimed that it is "an absolute disgrace" that a lawyer should solicit such a statement from her son while he was under a psychiatric hold at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
Nic and Christina finally reached a financial settlement regarding a lawsuit she filed on June 3 that claimed Nic didn't buy her the home she was promised after meeting behind closed doors with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Teresa Sanchez-Gordon on Tuesday. The terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Christina's lawyer said it is "mutually satisfying" for both sides.
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'