Justin Timberlake Defends Britney Over Her Much-Criticized Dancing
Although admitting that he never talked to his ex Britney Spears for nine to ten years, Justin Timberlake doesn't have bad blood with the "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker. The "Friends with Benefits" actor comes to her defense when talking about what critics said regarding her dancing.
"The internet is a cruel place. What a f***ed-up thing to do," he said in a recent interview with Playboy for its new issue which is on sale June 17. "I don't have too much to say about her situation. I can't remember the last conversation I had with her. But this thing that happens online bothers me - these anonymous commenters."
"People think they can say anything and it doesn't matter to people. I'd love to see the people who comment about Britney online say those things to her face, because they couldn't. Also, in Britney's defense, if you pulled up a video I did from 2003, I couldn't do the s*** I did then either."
Beside defending Britney, Justin also sang praise to Lady GaGa. "She's a force. Beyond awesome. I mean, she's legitimately talented. I'd love to see her come out with another record a couple of years from now that's completely different, maybe something Tori Amos could do. If I were Lady GaGa, I'd do whatever I wanted, which it looks like she's doing. She's just plain old good," he gushed.
Talking about his own music, he stressed for the umpteenth time that he's not planning to release new song anytime soon. "I'm always writing music, always thinking about ideas for songs," he said. "[But] I don't have a single song ready to go. People keep asking me when a new song or album is coming out, and I don't know what to say. Music is not my focus right now. It may be someday. It could happen next month or next year, but right now it's not where it's at for me."
More Justin Timberlake News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death