Video and Pic: First Look at Michelle Obama on 'iCarly'
Michelle Obama has dropped by the set of "iCarly" to film her guest role appearance on Tuesday, June 14. Wearing a casual shirt and red pants, the First Lady of the United States greeted the cast one by one and waved to the crew after being introduced on the set in Hollywood.
Looking excited, Mrs. Obama shouted, "Let's do it," while punching her fists in the air. In a picture from the Nickelodeon comedy series, the First Lady is seen smiling and sitting on a couch while Miranda Cosgrove's Carly Shay and her friends are stunned.
Michelle's appearance is intended to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families. When Carly's two best friends break some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday, Michelle will come to talk to them.
"The story line is very sweet. iCarly..they have a webcast, and Carly is a military kid, and that's always been a part of the script. That's been a part of their situation. Her father has been deployed," Michelle shared about the plot. "And it's just a way for us to recognize her challenges as well as how her friends are stepping up to support her. So I'm pretty excited about it."
The episode featuring the First Lady will air in January 2012.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell