Video Premiere: Michael Jackson's 'Behind the Mask'
Another Michael Jackson posthumous music video has been made, and it's released on Tuesday, June 14. It features thousands of fans from around the globe paying tribute to the late King of Pop. Wearing various MJ signature outfits, they are doing an MJ-like dance step, choreography routine and facial expression while singing or holding hand-written lyrics of the song.
The "Behind the Mask" project was launched back in March, inviting MJ's fans to make contribution by sending footage of their singing and dancing to the song. The footage then was put together under the direction hands of Dennis Liu who previously worked on a Grammy-nominated crowd-sourced video for Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave". "[It's] the most exciting and most fun project I think I've ever been involved in," the director said.
"[It] was incredibly moving to see so many people from all over the world join as one, their creative voices, dance and musical talents bound together by Michael Jackson's spirit and incomparable artistry. We received submissions from the Sahara Desert to Venice Beach, from mountaintops to suburban backyards, with some shots featuring well over 100 people apiece. All who participated delivered brilliantly."
The single is taken from the late King of Pop's first official posthumous album "Michael" which has been on sale since December last year.
Michael Jackson's "Behind the Mask" music video
More Michael Jackson News
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'