Video Premiere: Michael Jackson's 'Behind the Mask'
Another Michael Jackson posthumous music video has been made, and it's released on Tuesday, June 14. It features thousands of fans from around the globe paying tribute to the late King of Pop. Wearing various MJ signature outfits, they are doing an MJ-like dance step, choreography routine and facial expression while singing or holding hand-written lyrics of the song.
The "Behind the Mask" project was launched back in March, inviting MJ's fans to make contribution by sending footage of their singing and dancing to the song. The footage then was put together under the direction hands of Dennis Liu who previously worked on a Grammy-nominated crowd-sourced video for Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave". "[It's] the most exciting and most fun project I think I've ever been involved in," the director said.
"[It] was incredibly moving to see so many people from all over the world join as one, their creative voices, dance and musical talents bound together by Michael Jackson's spirit and incomparable artistry. We received submissions from the Sahara Desert to Venice Beach, from mountaintops to suburban backyards, with some shots featuring well over 100 people apiece. All who participated delivered brilliantly."
The single is taken from the late King of Pop's first official posthumous album "Michael" which has been on sale since December last year.
More Michael Jackson News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet