Video Premiere: Michael Jackson's 'Behind the Mask'
Another Michael Jackson posthumous music video has been made, and it's released on Tuesday, June 14. It features thousands of fans from around the globe paying tribute to the late King of Pop. Wearing various MJ signature outfits, they are doing an MJ-like dance step, choreography routine and facial expression while singing or holding hand-written lyrics of the song.
The "Behind the Mask" project was launched back in March, inviting MJ's fans to make contribution by sending footage of their singing and dancing to the song. The footage then was put together under the direction hands of Dennis Liu who previously worked on a Grammy-nominated crowd-sourced video for Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave". "[It's] the most exciting and most fun project I think I've ever been involved in," the director said.
"[It] was incredibly moving to see so many people from all over the world join as one, their creative voices, dance and musical talents bound together by Michael Jackson's spirit and incomparable artistry. We received submissions from the Sahara Desert to Venice Beach, from mountaintops to suburban backyards, with some shots featuring well over 100 people apiece. All who participated delivered brilliantly."
The single is taken from the late King of Pop's first official posthumous album "Michael" which has been on sale since December last year.
More Michael Jackson News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show