April 28, 2017  
Home > News > TV

Charlie Sheen in 'Deep Negotiations' for New Sitcom

June 14, 2011 (9:12 am) GMT
The former 'Two and a Half Men' actor is reported being shopped around for a new comedy series that could debut as early as 2012.
Charlie Sheen

is allegedly working out on a deal that will bring him back to small screen. Sources say the troubled star has been pitched to some networks and studios for a new comedy series, which is "written specifically around" him.

TMZ reports Sheen's reps are currently in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end. Words are, whichever network sealing the deal will not order just a pilot but pick it up straight to series. The show will possibly debut as early as January 2012 on a broadcast network.

According to Deadline, CBS is out of the contention to pick up Sheen's sitcom, while ABC and NBC are not happening either. FOX, with whom the 45-year-old actor had a meeting back in March, is reportedly the only broadcast possibility, but the network's line-up for the next season is already loaded up with comedies.

Moreover, industry insiders are skeptical that a major network or studio would sign Sheen for a regular series gig. "He is uninsurable," one top studio executive gushes about the actor who was fired from "" earlier this year.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
  2. Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
  3. Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
  4. Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
  5. Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
  6. Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
  7. Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
  8. Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit