Rebecca Black's 'Friday' Video Free to Be Watched Again After Briefly Rented
Rebecca Black might have tried to boost the sales of her viral hit single "Friday" by switching its music video from a free-to-watch content to a pay-to-play material. On Monday, June 13, the clip was blocked and made available to watch only for those who were willing to pay $2.99.
However, the marketing strategy didn't seem to work out. It was short lived reportedly because the responses have been very negative. The video, which has been viewed by more than 165 million people, has been switched back to become a free content again later in the day.
There was no explanation from Rebecca's camp about the sudden change. People at YouTube reportedly also refused to make an official statement regarding the issue, explaining that they don't comment on the status of individual videos.
Rebecca Black has become a global mockery target after releasing the Auto-Tuned single last March. Despite the negative responses, she got support from the likes of Lady GaGa, Simon Cowell, Ryan Seacrest, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden.
Most recently, she appeared as a cameo in Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" music video. She's the neighbor who gives Katy's nerdy alter ego, Kathy Beth Terry, a "cool" makeover and invited Katy to a party which is crowded by Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, Kenny G and Hanson.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3