Rebecca Black's 'Friday' Video Free to Be Watched Again After Briefly Rented
Rebecca Black might have tried to boost the sales of her viral hit single "Friday" by switching its music video from a free-to-watch content to a pay-to-play material. On Monday, June 13, the clip was blocked and made available to watch only for those who were willing to pay $2.99.
However, the marketing strategy didn't seem to work out. It was short lived reportedly because the responses have been very negative. The video, which has been viewed by more than 165 million people, has been switched back to become a free content again later in the day.
There was no explanation from Rebecca's camp about the sudden change. People at YouTube reportedly also refused to make an official statement regarding the issue, explaining that they don't comment on the status of individual videos.
Rebecca Black has become a global mockery target after releasing the Auto-Tuned single last March. Despite the negative responses, she got support from the likes of Lady GaGa, Simon Cowell, Ryan Seacrest, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden.
Most recently, she appeared as a cameo in Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" music video. She's the neighbor who gives Katy's nerdy alter ego, Kathy Beth Terry, a "cool" makeover and invited Katy to a party which is crowded by Kevin McHale, Darren Criss, Kenny G and Hanson.
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards