NBC Affiliate Bans 'Playboy Club' Due to Mission Inconsistency Fear
For having a provocative title, "The Playboy Club" has been banned in Salt Lake City. KSL, which is NBC affiliate in Utah, has declared that it won't air the new drama series because it worries that the show does not fit with its mission.
"The Playboy brand is known internationally," Mark Willes, KSL President and CEO, said in a statement. "Everyone is clear what it stands for. We want to be sure everyone is clear what the KSL brand stands for, which is completely inconsistent with the Playboy brand."
Although the content may not be as provocative as the title suggests, Willes considers it gives enough reason for KSL to ban the show. " 'The Playboy Club' is different in our view in at least one important way, however: It promotes a brand that we just cannot support," he added. "We would be helping to build a brand that stands for pornography. For us, that's just untenable."
NBC has since expressed its disappointment with KSL's decision. However, the network stated, "We are confident that the show will find another home in the Salt Lake City market." KSL additionally said it works with the peacock to find a way to show the program on another channel in the city market.
Set in 1960s Chicago, "The Playboy Club" revolves around Eddie Cibrian's Nick Dalton, an attorney who is a "keyholder" at the club, and a group of women working as Playboy bunnies in New York club. It is set to air Mondays at 10 P.M. starting in September.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart