'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Stars Sued Over Bar Brawl
Several cast members of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" find themselves getting sued over a bar brawl back in February. Chicago-area police officer Adolfo Arreola and his family members have filed the lawsuit against Teresa Giudice, Caroline Manzo and other members of their family on Monday, June 13 in New York Supreme Court.
In the documents, Adolfo accused Teresa of spraying his mother-in-law Yolanda Martinez with champagne while they were partying in the Moon Lounge at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The campus police officer from the University of Illinois further claimed that the reality star went on to "mock and humiliate" Yolanda.
When he confronted Teresa, Adolfo claimed that Caroline, her husband, sons, daughter and family friend Gregory Bennett as well as Teresa's husband Joe "brutally and savagely beat, kicked, punched, scratched, jumped on and smashed glass" on him. As a result, he suffered a broken arm, blurred vision, cuts and bruises. He added that he had to undergo surgery for the arm and is currently undergoing physical therapy.
Adolfo isn't the only one suing over the beat up by the "Housewives" cast and their family members. Jason Gomez, a cousin to the campus police officer from the University of Illinois, also claimed that he suffered a broken leg after he came to Arreola's aid. In his suit, he said that he also had undergone surgery to place two pins in his knee.
It is noted that Adolfo and Jason have signed $25,000 settlements that also covered up to $12,000 in medical expenses. According to the lawsuit, the two agreed because they wanted to fly home. They, however, insisted that they didn't cash the checks.
Adolfo and Jason's attorney, William Gibbs, told E! News, "After two days of investigations by the Dominican police, Jason and Adolfo were forced to sign a document that essentially said they would release everybody and anybody from now until the end of time for what happened."
Adolfo and his family members are suing for unspecified damages.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'