Pictures: Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert Close CMA Music Festival
The fourth and final day of the 40th Annual CMA Music Festival was made merry with live performances by Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert. The other performers at the June 12 gig were The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker, The JaneDear Girls, Jimmy Wayne and Trace Adkins.
Wearing her signature gold flapper mini dress, Taylor treated audience flocking at Nashville's LP Field with a mix of new and old materials. She had her lucky number "13" painted on the back of her right hand, and an abridged lyric from Sugarland's song which read, "Remember me in ribbons and curls, love your baby girl," written on her left arm.
"I'm so honored to be here at the biggest country music party in the world," the 21-year-old singer/songwriter said to the crowd when greeting them at the beginning of her set. "I was about 15 the first time I came to CMA Fest, and I sat right over there!" she shouted while pointing somewhere to the right of the stage.
Taylor picked up a guitjo when performing "Our Song" and "Mean". She said in between the performances, "The cool thing about being on this stage is you get a really good view." Later in the evening, she strummed an ukulele in "Fearless". Calling it the happiest sounding instrument, she infused a bit of Train's "Hey Soul Sister" and Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours".
One of the acts who preceded Taylor's performance was Miranda. The CMT Female Video of the Year winner was introduced by her husband Blake who performed a series of singles just before her own set. "This next singer is a country music innovator," he said. "She is going to melt your face off. What else can I say about her? ... She's also my wife!" Mrs. Shelton then launched into "Only Prettier", "Heart Like Mine" and "The House That Built Me".
More Taylor Swift News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3