Pictures: Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert Close CMA Music Festival
The fourth and final day of the 40th Annual CMA Music Festival was made merry with live performances by Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert. The other performers at the June 12 gig were The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker, The JaneDear Girls, Jimmy Wayne and Trace Adkins.
Wearing her signature gold flapper mini dress, Taylor treated audience flocking at Nashville's LP Field with a mix of new and old materials. She had her lucky number "13" painted on the back of her right hand, and an abridged lyric from Sugarland's song which read, "Remember me in ribbons and curls, love your baby girl," written on her left arm.
"I'm so honored to be here at the biggest country music party in the world," the 21-year-old singer/songwriter said to the crowd when greeting them at the beginning of her set. "I was about 15 the first time I came to CMA Fest, and I sat right over there!" she shouted while pointing somewhere to the right of the stage.
Taylor picked up a guitjo when performing "Our Song" and "Mean". She said in between the performances, "The cool thing about being on this stage is you get a really good view." Later in the evening, she strummed an ukulele in "Fearless". Calling it the happiest sounding instrument, she infused a bit of Train's "Hey Soul Sister" and Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours".
One of the acts who preceded Taylor's performance was Miranda. The CMT Female Video of the Year winner was introduced by her husband Blake who performed a series of singles just before her own set. "This next singer is a country music innovator," he said. "She is going to melt your face off. What else can I say about her? ... She's also my wife!" Mrs. Shelton then launched into "Only Prettier", "Heart Like Mine" and "The House That Built Me".
More Taylor Swift News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media