Clarence Clemons Shows Signs of Recovery, Lady GaGa Tweets Support
Clarence Clemons is reported to be on the mend after being struck down by a stroke. An official statement on his current condition has yet been disclosed, but Bruce's fansite Backstreets.com reported on Monday, June 13 that the longtime member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band is responsive and his vital signs are improving.
"Yesterday, it did not look good at all. Today... miracles are happening," a "close friend" of the saxophonist was quoted. "His eyes are welling up when we're talking to him. He was paralyzed on his left side, but now he's squeezing with his left hand. This is the best news we've heard since [the stroke] happened - it's nothing short of miraculous. The next five days will still be critical. But he's a fighter."
Meanwhile, Lady GaGa has sent her message of support. The "Born This Way" singer tweeted on Monday, "Little monsters, my very close friend +musician on 'The Edge of Glory' Clarence Clemons is very sick. Can we all make some get-well videos?" Hours later, she wrote, "In bed with Mommy thinking about Clarence, I can't wait for you to see the beautiful video we made together. He's a really special person."
Clarence suffered a stroke in his Florida home on Sunday night, June 12. While the severity of the stroke has not been disclosed, Showbiz 411 reported that the 69-year-old was "seriously ill". Fox 5 News additionally reported that he had undergone two brain surgeries to reduce swelling from a blood clot.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does