Clarence Clemons Shows Signs of Recovery, Lady GaGa Tweets Support
Clarence Clemons is reported to be on the mend after being struck down by a stroke. An official statement on his current condition has yet been disclosed, but Bruce's fansite Backstreets.com reported on Monday, June 13 that the longtime member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band is responsive and his vital signs are improving.
"Yesterday, it did not look good at all. Today... miracles are happening," a "close friend" of the saxophonist was quoted. "His eyes are welling up when we're talking to him. He was paralyzed on his left side, but now he's squeezing with his left hand. This is the best news we've heard since [the stroke] happened - it's nothing short of miraculous. The next five days will still be critical. But he's a fighter."
Meanwhile, Lady GaGa has sent her message of support. The "Born This Way" singer tweeted on Monday, "Little monsters, my very close friend +musician on 'The Edge of Glory' Clarence Clemons is very sick. Can we all make some get-well videos?" Hours later, she wrote, "In bed with Mommy thinking about Clarence, I can't wait for you to see the beautiful video we made together. He's a really special person."
Clarence suffered a stroke in his Florida home on Sunday night, June 12. While the severity of the stroke has not been disclosed, Showbiz 411 reported that the 69-year-old was "seriously ill". Fox 5 News additionally reported that he had undergone two brain surgeries to reduce swelling from a blood clot.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama