Selena Gomez Blames Malnourishment for Recent Hospitalization
Selena Gomez has spoken up about her mysterious hospitalization. The "Monte Carlo" actress explained to reporters on Monday, June 13 that malnourishment sent her to the hospital last Thursday, June 9, PEOPLE reported. "I was just very malnourished, so I was low on iron and exhausted," so she explained.
The 18-year-old took the stage at Santa Monica Place on Monday for a show that was rescheduled from Friday, June 10 because of her hospitalization. Performing "Who Says" and "A Year Without Rain" in front of more than 500 young fans at the outdoor mall, she told them, "I want to thank you so much for coming. If you guys came on Friday, I'm so sorry that I couldn't be here. ... I love you guys very much."
PEOPLE additionally reported that Selena also told the gathering fans, "I do feel better!" Earlier that day, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star took to her Facebook account and wrote, "Feeling much better, thank you all for being so understanding. Can't wait to see you all today at Santa Monica Place for the Monte Carlo kick off."
Selena was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles last Thursday following an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". She was reported to be complaining of nausea and a severe headache. On Saturday, June 11, she was spotted looking tired when returning to the hospital for tests and checkups.
More Selena Gomez News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016