Selena Gomez Blames Malnourishment for Recent Hospitalization
Selena Gomez has spoken up about her mysterious hospitalization. The "Monte Carlo" actress explained to reporters on Monday, June 13 that malnourishment sent her to the hospital last Thursday, June 9, PEOPLE reported. "I was just very malnourished, so I was low on iron and exhausted," so she explained.
The 18-year-old took the stage at Santa Monica Place on Monday for a show that was rescheduled from Friday, June 10 because of her hospitalization. Performing "Who Says" and "A Year Without Rain" in front of more than 500 young fans at the outdoor mall, she told them, "I want to thank you so much for coming. If you guys came on Friday, I'm so sorry that I couldn't be here. ... I love you guys very much."
PEOPLE additionally reported that Selena also told the gathering fans, "I do feel better!" Earlier that day, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star took to her Facebook account and wrote, "Feeling much better, thank you all for being so understanding. Can't wait to see you all today at Santa Monica Place for the Monte Carlo kick off."
Selena was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles last Thursday following an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". She was reported to be complaining of nausea and a severe headache. On Saturday, June 11, she was spotted looking tired when returning to the hospital for tests and checkups.
More Selena Gomez News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'