Selena Gomez Blames Malnourishment for Recent Hospitalization
Selena Gomez has spoken up about her mysterious hospitalization. The "Monte Carlo" actress explained to reporters on Monday, June 13 that malnourishment sent her to the hospital last Thursday, June 9, PEOPLE reported. "I was just very malnourished, so I was low on iron and exhausted," so she explained.
The 18-year-old took the stage at Santa Monica Place on Monday for a show that was rescheduled from Friday, June 10 because of her hospitalization. Performing "Who Says" and "A Year Without Rain" in front of more than 500 young fans at the outdoor mall, she told them, "I want to thank you so much for coming. If you guys came on Friday, I'm so sorry that I couldn't be here. ... I love you guys very much."
PEOPLE additionally reported that Selena also told the gathering fans, "I do feel better!" Earlier that day, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star took to her Facebook account and wrote, "Feeling much better, thank you all for being so understanding. Can't wait to see you all today at Santa Monica Place for the Monte Carlo kick off."
Selena was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles last Thursday following an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". She was reported to be complaining of nausea and a severe headache. On Saturday, June 11, she was spotted looking tired when returning to the hospital for tests and checkups.
More Selena Gomez News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak