Selena Gomez Blames Malnourishment for Recent Hospitalization
Selena Gomez has spoken up about her mysterious hospitalization. The "Monte Carlo" actress explained to reporters on Monday, June 13 that malnourishment sent her to the hospital last Thursday, June 9, PEOPLE reported. "I was just very malnourished, so I was low on iron and exhausted," so she explained.
The 18-year-old took the stage at Santa Monica Place on Monday for a show that was rescheduled from Friday, June 10 because of her hospitalization. Performing "Who Says" and "A Year Without Rain" in front of more than 500 young fans at the outdoor mall, she told them, "I want to thank you so much for coming. If you guys came on Friday, I'm so sorry that I couldn't be here. ... I love you guys very much."
PEOPLE additionally reported that Selena also told the gathering fans, "I do feel better!" Earlier that day, the "Wizards of Waverly Place" star took to her Facebook account and wrote, "Feeling much better, thank you all for being so understanding. Can't wait to see you all today at Santa Monica Place for the Monte Carlo kick off."
Selena was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles last Thursday following an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". She was reported to be complaining of nausea and a severe headache. On Saturday, June 11, she was spotted looking tired when returning to the hospital for tests and checkups.
More Selena Gomez News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3