Lil Wayne Raps Ode to His No. 1 Fan in 'Dear Anne (Stan Part 2)'
Lil Wayne follows the footsteps of Eminem by dropping an open letter to his biggest fan in a newly-revealed rap song called "Dear Anne". Although the song is kind of a revisit to the Slim Shady's "Stan", it's actually a complete reverse to the 2000 classic single.
In it, Weezy pours his heart out to "Anne", not the other way around like Eminem does to his "Stan". While the "Lose Yourself" MC raps about having no time to answer Stan, the Young Money rap mogul on the contrary needs a special moment to write 3 pages of letter to Anne.
Weezy details the stresses of the life he leads and why support from a fan like Anne is so vital for him. At the end of his note, the "6 Foot 7 Foot" MC hopes to see Anne "in the stands" and not end her life like Stan. "I'm sorry about Stan/ So I wrote this to say I'm your number 1 fan," he concludes.
The song comes from production hands of Swizz Beatz and samples t.A.T.u's "30 Minutes". It was originally submitted to Eminem for his 2009 album "Relapse" but somehow ended up in the hands of Lil Wayne. The song has already received positive response from fans, but rumor suggests it will not make the cut to "Tha Carter IV" which is due in the U.S. On August 29.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance