Lil Wayne Raps Ode to His No. 1 Fan in 'Dear Anne (Stan Part 2)'
Lil Wayne follows the footsteps of Eminem by dropping an open letter to his biggest fan in a newly-revealed rap song called "Dear Anne". Although the song is kind of a revisit to the Slim Shady's "Stan", it's actually a complete reverse to the 2000 classic single.
In it, Weezy pours his heart out to "Anne", not the other way around like Eminem does to his "Stan". While the "Lose Yourself" MC raps about having no time to answer Stan, the Young Money rap mogul on the contrary needs a special moment to write 3 pages of letter to Anne.
Weezy details the stresses of the life he leads and why support from a fan like Anne is so vital for him. At the end of his note, the "6 Foot 7 Foot" MC hopes to see Anne "in the stands" and not end her life like Stan. "I'm sorry about Stan/ So I wrote this to say I'm your number 1 fan," he concludes.
The song comes from production hands of Swizz Beatz and samples t.A.T.u's "30 Minutes". It was originally submitted to Eminem for his 2009 album "Relapse" but somehow ended up in the hands of Lil Wayne. The song has already received positive response from fans, but rumor suggests it will not make the cut to "Tha Carter IV" which is due in the U.S. On August 29.
More Lil Wayne News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera