Lil Wayne Raps Ode to His No. 1 Fan in 'Dear Anne (Stan Part 2)'
Lil Wayne follows the footsteps of Eminem by dropping an open letter to his biggest fan in a newly-revealed rap song called "Dear Anne". Although the song is kind of a revisit to the Slim Shady's "Stan", it's actually a complete reverse to the 2000 classic single.
In it, Weezy pours his heart out to "Anne", not the other way around like Eminem does to his "Stan". While the "Lose Yourself" MC raps about having no time to answer Stan, the Young Money rap mogul on the contrary needs a special moment to write 3 pages of letter to Anne.
Weezy details the stresses of the life he leads and why support from a fan like Anne is so vital for him. At the end of his note, the "6 Foot 7 Foot" MC hopes to see Anne "in the stands" and not end her life like Stan. "I'm sorry about Stan/ So I wrote this to say I'm your number 1 fan," he concludes.
The song comes from production hands of Swizz Beatz and samples t.A.T.u's "30 Minutes". It was originally submitted to Eminem for his 2009 album "Relapse" but somehow ended up in the hands of Lil Wayne. The song has already received positive response from fans, but rumor suggests it will not make the cut to "Tha Carter IV" which is due in the U.S. On August 29.
More Lil Wayne News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!