Artist of the Week: DJ Khaled
After four indie studio albums, DJ Khaled has finally scored a record deal with a major label when preparing his fifth studio installment. The Miami deejay is going to drop the effort, titled "We the Best Forever", under We the Best Music Group, Terror Squad Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Universal Motown.
The album is going to make its way out across the United States on July 19. A lot of A-list stars such as Kanye West, Jay-Z, Birdman, T.I. and Akon are expected to make contribution to the upcoming album. Young Money members like Tyga and Nicki Minaj are attached to the project as well.
Prior to the album release, Khaled released "Welcome to My Hood" as the first single and "I'm on One" as the second one. Although failing to break the chart with the first one, he managed to seek revenge with its follow-up. Through "I'm on One" which features Lil Wayne, Drake and Rick Ross, he climbed to No. 10 on Billboard Hot 100, and reached No. 7 on both R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and Rap Songs rundown.
The Terror Squad DJ is currently preparing a music video for the chart-busting single. Tapping Gil Green as a director, he filmed the visuals with his three featured guests in Miami over Memorial Day Weekend. Met by MTV at the video shoot, Drizzy recalled creative process of the single, "I was taking my sweet time trying to craft this piece of music because I knew he needed a special moment."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?