Artist of the Week: DJ Khaled
After four indie studio albums, DJ Khaled has finally scored a record deal with a major label when preparing his fifth studio installment. The Miami deejay is going to drop the effort, titled "We the Best Forever", under We the Best Music Group, Terror Squad Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Universal Motown.
The album is going to make its way out across the United States on July 19. A lot of A-list stars such as Kanye West, Jay-Z, Birdman, T.I. and Akon are expected to make contribution to the upcoming album. Young Money members like Tyga and Nicki Minaj are attached to the project as well.
Prior to the album release, Khaled released "Welcome to My Hood" as the first single and "I'm on One" as the second one. Although failing to break the chart with the first one, he managed to seek revenge with its follow-up. Through "I'm on One" which features Lil Wayne, Drake and Rick Ross, he climbed to No. 10 on Billboard Hot 100, and reached No. 7 on both R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and Rap Songs rundown.
The Terror Squad DJ is currently preparing a music video for the chart-busting single. Tapping Gil Green as a director, he filmed the visuals with his three featured guests in Miami over Memorial Day Weekend. Met by MTV at the video shoot, Drizzy recalled creative process of the single, "I was taking my sweet time trying to craft this piece of music because I knew he needed a special moment."
More DJ Khaled News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- T.I. Confronts Tiny About Alleged Floyd Mayweather Affair
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit