Artist of the Week: DJ Khaled
After four indie studio albums, DJ Khaled has finally scored a record deal with a major label when preparing his fifth studio installment. The Miami deejay is going to drop the effort, titled "We the Best Forever", under We the Best Music Group, Terror Squad Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Universal Motown.
The album is going to make its way out across the United States on July 19. A lot of A-list stars such as Kanye West, Jay-Z, Birdman, T.I. and Akon are expected to make contribution to the upcoming album. Young Money members like Tyga and Nicki Minaj are attached to the project as well.
Prior to the album release, Khaled released "Welcome to My Hood" as the first single and "I'm on One" as the second one. Although failing to break the chart with the first one, he managed to seek revenge with its follow-up. Through "I'm on One" which features Lil Wayne, Drake and Rick Ross, he climbed to No. 10 on Billboard Hot 100, and reached No. 7 on both R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and Rap Songs rundown.
The Terror Squad DJ is currently preparing a music video for the chart-busting single. Tapping Gil Green as a director, he filmed the visuals with his three featured guests in Miami over Memorial Day Weekend. Met by MTV at the video shoot, Drizzy recalled creative process of the single, "I was taking my sweet time trying to craft this piece of music because I knew he needed a special moment."
More DJ Khaled News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'