Jeremy Renner to Produce and Star in Rally Race Film
Jeremy Renner is likely to produce and star in a new film called "Slingshot". The 40-year-old actor, who has already had a full plate of projects this year including "The Avengers" and "The Bourne Legacy", will take the role of Bill Caswell in the upcoming flick.
According to Variety, Paramount picks up the film which will see Don Handfield co-producing as well as providing the screenplay. The story will be based on a true story of Caswell, who became popular after winning the third place in the Rally America class of Rally Mexico with a $500 BMW he rebuilt.
Previously, Renner and Handfield have announced that they are developing a project about Steve McQueen for their production company, The Combine. This brings a speculation that either the untitled Steve McQueen biopic or the rally movie will become Renner's first production credit, depending on which movie comes out first.
Renner is currently filming "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" with Gemma Arterton. He is also providing voice for Gutt in "Ice Age: Continental Drift". He will next be seen in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences