Jeremy Renner to Produce and Star in Rally Race Film
Jeremy Renner is likely to produce and star in a new film called "Slingshot". The 40-year-old actor, who has already had a full plate of projects this year including "The Avengers" and "The Bourne Legacy", will take the role of Bill Caswell in the upcoming flick.
According to Variety, Paramount picks up the film which will see Don Handfield co-producing as well as providing the screenplay. The story will be based on a true story of Caswell, who became popular after winning the third place in the Rally America class of Rally Mexico with a $500 BMW he rebuilt.
Previously, Renner and Handfield have announced that they are developing a project about Steve McQueen for their production company, The Combine. This brings a speculation that either the untitled Steve McQueen biopic or the rally movie will become Renner's first production credit, depending on which movie comes out first.
Renner is currently filming "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" with Gemma Arterton. He is also providing voice for Gutt in "Ice Age: Continental Drift". He will next be seen in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol".
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up