Jeremy Renner to Produce and Star in Rally Race Film
Jeremy Renner is likely to produce and star in a new film called "Slingshot". The 40-year-old actor, who has already had a full plate of projects this year including "The Avengers" and "The Bourne Legacy", will take the role of Bill Caswell in the upcoming flick.
According to Variety, Paramount picks up the film which will see Don Handfield co-producing as well as providing the screenplay. The story will be based on a true story of Caswell, who became popular after winning the third place in the Rally America class of Rally Mexico with a $500 BMW he rebuilt.
Previously, Renner and Handfield have announced that they are developing a project about Steve McQueen for their production company, The Combine. This brings a speculation that either the untitled Steve McQueen biopic or the rally movie will become Renner's first production credit, depending on which movie comes out first.
Renner is currently filming "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" with Gemma Arterton. He is also providing voice for Gutt in "Ice Age: Continental Drift". He will next be seen in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars