Jeremy Renner to Produce and Star in Rally Race Film
Jeremy Renner is likely to produce and star in a new film called "Slingshot". The 40-year-old actor, who has already had a full plate of projects this year including "The Avengers" and "The Bourne Legacy", will take the role of Bill Caswell in the upcoming flick.
According to Variety, Paramount picks up the film which will see Don Handfield co-producing as well as providing the screenplay. The story will be based on a true story of Caswell, who became popular after winning the third place in the Rally America class of Rally Mexico with a $500 BMW he rebuilt.
Previously, Renner and Handfield have announced that they are developing a project about Steve McQueen for their production company, The Combine. This brings a speculation that either the untitled Steve McQueen biopic or the rally movie will become Renner's first production credit, depending on which movie comes out first.
Renner is currently filming "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" with Gemma Arterton. He is also providing voice for Gutt in "Ice Age: Continental Drift". He will next be seen in "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media