Ian Brennan Talks 'Glee' Future After the Characters Graduate
With each season representing one academic year on "Glee", the third season will become a graduation for some of the characters. The show's bosses have anticipated this and Ian Brennan recently shared some things that have been mapped for the musical series.
"We aren't going to change the entire cast, but some of the cast will graduate," Brennan said at the Monte Carlo TV Festival. "We get to sort of start new - we get to bring in new characters and write new storylines."
"I just think we would be missing a beat if we didn't acknowledge the fact that a huge part of high school is graduating from high school, and that's going to give us a lot of stuff to write to in season three," he further explained to E! Online.
"Every time we bring in a new character it's worked out really well, we've been very fortunate," the executive producer additionally claimed. He added, "So bringing in new characters will allow us a little more flexibility and will add to the longevity of the show."
Also in the same occasion, Brennan revealed his hope to have Bruce Springsteen guest starring as a motivational speaker in season 3. The Boss had been rumored as a potential guest star last season, but it did not happen. The show's execs have not contacted the musician for a guest stint this season either.
One thing for sure, "Glee" will feature a winner of "The Glee Project" which premiered this Sunday, June on Oxygen. Gushing on the result, Brennan said, "The reality show has cast a character that is very exciting."
"I can't even tell you whether it's a guy or a girl, but we are very, very excited about the prospect of bring on this new person," he went on teasing. "It going to be really, really good, and totally interesting something we had totally not thought of. This person coming onto the show is going to add a really, really, funny dynamic."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson