Ian Brennan Talks 'Glee' Future After the Characters Graduate
With each season representing one academic year on "Glee", the third season will become a graduation for some of the characters. The show's bosses have anticipated this and Ian Brennan recently shared some things that have been mapped for the musical series.
"We aren't going to change the entire cast, but some of the cast will graduate," Brennan said at the Monte Carlo TV Festival. "We get to sort of start new - we get to bring in new characters and write new storylines."
"I just think we would be missing a beat if we didn't acknowledge the fact that a huge part of high school is graduating from high school, and that's going to give us a lot of stuff to write to in season three," he further explained to E! Online.
"Every time we bring in a new character it's worked out really well, we've been very fortunate," the executive producer additionally claimed. He added, "So bringing in new characters will allow us a little more flexibility and will add to the longevity of the show."
Also in the same occasion, Brennan revealed his hope to have Bruce Springsteen guest starring as a motivational speaker in season 3. The Boss had been rumored as a potential guest star last season, but it did not happen. The show's execs have not contacted the musician for a guest stint this season either.
One thing for sure, "Glee" will feature a winner of "The Glee Project" which premiered this Sunday, June on Oxygen. Gushing on the result, Brennan said, "The reality show has cast a character that is very exciting."
"I can't even tell you whether it's a guy or a girl, but we are very, very excited about the prospect of bring on this new person," he went on teasing. "It going to be really, really good, and totally interesting something we had totally not thought of. This person coming onto the show is going to add a really, really, funny dynamic."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism