Food Poisoning and Exhaustion Sent Selena Gomez to Hospital
Selena Gomez was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles last Thursday, June 9 after complaining of nausea and a severe headache, and speculations on what may have put her there have since been swirling. One insider told Us Weekly that the "Wizards of Waverly Place" actress collapsed from food poisoning that was worsened by exhaustion.
The teen star's camp has yet to come out with a statement regarding her brief hospitalization, but she was spotted looking tired when returning to the hospital on Saturday, June 11. Meanwhile, TMZ ruled out the pregnancy rumors, and added that while doctors have yet to determine what is causing her health issue, the songstress has undergone a series of tests for blood pressure issues.
Selena was admitted to the hospital after an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". Her representative explained, "Last night after Selena's appearance on The Tonight Show she wasn't feeling well and was taken to the hospital. She is currently undergoing routine tests." Later on, it was said that she is "on the mend" and going to be "OK."
The "Monte Carlo" beauty is expected to kick off her 10-city tour on Monday, June 13 with a performance at Santa Monica Place. Her pop sensation boyfriend Justin Bieber has wished her a speedy recovery through a simple, yet sweet message on Twitter last Friday. "#getwellselena," so the posting read.
More Selena Gomez News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'