Lil Wayne Was the Highlight of Bonnaroo's Day 2
Lil Wayne won the crowd at Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival on Friday, June 10 late night set. The rapper heat them up with "I'm Goin' In" before spitting the verses to "Bill Gates" and some other songs, taking in louder screams at each.
Wayne was the successor of Kanye West and Jay-Z who attempted to infuse some Hip-Hop to the rock-ridden festival in 2008 and 2010 respectively. Weezy's playlist did not stray far from his I Am Still music tour with "A Milli", "I'm Single" and "Hustle Hard" included. To strengthen the flavor, he brought out members of Young Money such as Shanelle and Mack Maine to perform with him on stage.
Wayne pumped up the adrenaline with his stage acts, ripping off his yellow tank-top in the middle of his performance and walked the stage half-naked. He also descended to the crowd and rolled around the stage's floor. But the highlight was when he invited in producer Mannie Fresh who had a feud with him back in 2005. The sight of the two embracing was cheered on by the audience.
Wayne's set finished at around 3 A.M. Earlier that day, My Morning Jacket and Arcade Fire took turns to entertain the audience on the main stage.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?