Recovering From Food Poisoning, Jennifer Hudson Released From Hospital
It turns out Selena Gomez is not the only celebrity being rushed to hospital this week. Jennifer Hudson was taken to a New York hospital on Friday morning, June 10 with severe abdominal pains. Her representative told the press that the "Where You At" singer was briefly treated for food poisoning before being released.
"Jennifer Hudson went to the hospital due to severe abdominal pains. She was treated for food poisoning and released," explained Jennifer's rep. Before checking into the hospital, the 29-year-old performed on "Good Morning America" as a part of the show's Summer Concert Series in Central Park.
The season 3 finalist of "American Idol" was actually scheduled for another appearance on Friday. She was set to promote her new album "I Remember Me" on CBS' "Early Show", but was forced to cancel the appearance due to the illness.
While Jennifer has since been released, fellow singer Selena is reportedly still in the hospital and undergoing routine tests. The 18-year-old was admitted to a hospital in Los Angeles on Thursday night, June 9, after an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". It was said that she was complaining of nausea and a severe headache.
Jennifer Hudson at Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series:
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech