Tracy Morgan Sorry for Joking He'd Stab Son If He Were Gay
Tracy Morgan admitted that he went too far with his anti-gay joke at a recent stand-up gig in Nashville. As soon as he launched the gay tirade, people reportedly walked out of the room and booed at him. "It was the worst thing I've ever heard," said an audience as quoted by TMZ, "so not funny."
According to Kevin Rogers who set up a Facebook page called "Why I No Longer 'Like' Tracy Morgan - A Must Read", Morgan "said if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. ... Tracy then said he didn't [expletive] care if he [angered] some gays."
The "30 Rock" star also allegedly said that "gay was something kids learn from the media and programming." Rogers commented, "What I can't take is when Mr. Morgan took it upon himself to mention about how he feels all this gay shit was crazy and that women are a gift from God and that 'Born this Way' is bulls-it, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because 'God don't make no mistakes' (referring to God not making someone gay cause that would be a mistake)."
Theater which hosted the June 3 show had to apologize to audience members and in the days ahead, Morgan received strong criticisms from GLAAD and Twitter users. "Tracy Morgan's management needs to investigate these allegations and should they prove true, we call on him to remove these violently anti-gay remarks from his show and send a strong message that anti-gay violence is not something to joke about," GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios said.
Morgan had appeased and released an apology via several media outlets. He said, "I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered