Russell Crowe Apologizes for Anti-Circumcision Remark
Russell Crowe made himself exist again on Twitter by calling Jewish tradition of circumcision "barbaric and stupid". Hundreds of protests and a few arguments from the "Gladiator" actor after, Crowe apologized on Twitter and emphasized that he meant no harm to any nationalities with his comments.
His first shocking tweet was, "Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect." When one follower told him that it's for hygienic reason, the actor replied, "Hygenic? Why don't you sew up your a** then?"
Some viewed his comments as anti-Jewish, therefore he clarified later in a tweet to writer/producer Eli Roth, "I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies." He added, If u feel it is yr right 2 cut things off yr babies please unfollow and f**k off, I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."
Crowe fathers two sons, 8-year-old Charles Spencer and 5-year-old Tennyson Spencer, with his Australian wife.
When he was less hot-headed, the Oscar winner wrote an apology, saying "I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities, I'm very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress. My personal beliefs aside I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry."
More Russell Crowe News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift