Russell Crowe Apologizes for Anti-Circumcision Remark
Russell Crowe made himself exist again on Twitter by calling Jewish tradition of circumcision "barbaric and stupid". Hundreds of protests and a few arguments from the "Gladiator" actor after, Crowe apologized on Twitter and emphasized that he meant no harm to any nationalities with his comments.
His first shocking tweet was, "Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect." When one follower told him that it's for hygienic reason, the actor replied, "Hygenic? Why don't you sew up your a** then?"
Some viewed his comments as anti-Jewish, therefore he clarified later in a tweet to writer/producer Eli Roth, "I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies." He added, If u feel it is yr right 2 cut things off yr babies please unfollow and f**k off, I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."
Crowe fathers two sons, 8-year-old Charles Spencer and 5-year-old Tennyson Spencer, with his Australian wife.
When he was less hot-headed, the Oscar winner wrote an apology, saying "I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities, I'm very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress. My personal beliefs aside I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry."
More Russell Crowe News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them