Russell Crowe Apologizes for Anti-Circumcision Remark
Russell Crowe made himself exist again on Twitter by calling Jewish tradition of circumcision "barbaric and stupid". Hundreds of protests and a few arguments from the "Gladiator" actor after, Crowe apologized on Twitter and emphasized that he meant no harm to any nationalities with his comments.
His first shocking tweet was, "Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect." When one follower told him that it's for hygienic reason, the actor replied, "Hygenic? Why don't you sew up your a** then?"
Some viewed his comments as anti-Jewish, therefore he clarified later in a tweet to writer/producer Eli Roth, "I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies." He added, If u feel it is yr right 2 cut things off yr babies please unfollow and f**k off, I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."
Crowe fathers two sons, 8-year-old Charles Spencer and 5-year-old Tennyson Spencer, with his Australian wife.
When he was less hot-headed, the Oscar winner wrote an apology, saying "I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities, I'm very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress. My personal beliefs aside I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry."
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72