Diego Luna to Be Matt Damon's BFF in 'Elysium'
"Elysium" is likely to welcome another actor as a cast member. Diego Luna, Sean Penn's co-star in "Milk", is reported to be in negotiations to star in the forthcoming science fiction movie.
Variety broke the news, reporting that the 31-year-old actor will take the role of Julio, the best friend of Matt Damon's character in the flick. So far, the cast line-up includes Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Wagner Moura in addition to Damon.
Production is scheduled to take place this summer to meet U.S. release of March 1, 2013. Directed by Neill Blomkamp, this movie will reportedly contain "many socio-political ideas". Additionally, it is set 150 years in the future, with Foster starring as the head of state on an alien planet.
A Mexican actor, Luna is best known for his role in 2001's "Y Tu Mama Tambien". He also had some supporting roles in American films, including "Before Night Falls", "Open Range" and "Mister Lonely". He will portray Gonzalo in "Contraband", starring opposite Mark Wahlberg.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test