Jason Bateman to Join Vince Vaughn in 'Insane Laws'
Jason Bateman seems to be a busy man this year. While prepping for the summer release of his two films, "The Change-Up" and "Horrible Bosses", the "Couples Retreat" actor is allegedly entering negotiations to star in new comedy "The Insane Laws".
Should the deal be finalized, he will star opposite Vince Vaughn. Deadline reports that screenwriter Jeremy Garelick, who happens to be Vaughn's close friend since working together in "The Break-Up", will make a directorial debut with this flick. Neal H. Moritz, in the meantime, serves as the producer.
"The Insane Laws" will tell a story of two friends whose relationship is tested when their grown children fall in love to each other. Things get worse after the daughter of Vaughn's character gets pregnant with the son of Bateman's character.
Bateman came to prominence after playing Michael Bluth on "Arrested Development", a role that led him to win some notable kudos including 2004 Golden Globe Awards for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy. This 42-year-old thesp recently appeared opposite Simon Pegg and Sigourney Weaver in "Paul".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son