Jason Bateman to Join Vince Vaughn in 'Insane Laws'
Jason Bateman seems to be a busy man this year. While prepping for the summer release of his two films, "The Change-Up" and "Horrible Bosses", the "Couples Retreat" actor is allegedly entering negotiations to star in new comedy "The Insane Laws".
Should the deal be finalized, he will star opposite Vince Vaughn. Deadline reports that screenwriter Jeremy Garelick, who happens to be Vaughn's close friend since working together in "The Break-Up", will make a directorial debut with this flick. Neal H. Moritz, in the meantime, serves as the producer.
"The Insane Laws" will tell a story of two friends whose relationship is tested when their grown children fall in love to each other. Things get worse after the daughter of Vaughn's character gets pregnant with the son of Bateman's character.
Bateman came to prominence after playing Michael Bluth on "Arrested Development", a role that led him to win some notable kudos including 2004 Golden Globe Awards for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy. This 42-year-old thesp recently appeared opposite Simon Pegg and Sigourney Weaver in "Paul".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo