Jason Bateman to Join Vince Vaughn in 'Insane Laws'
Jason Bateman seems to be a busy man this year. While prepping for the summer release of his two films, "The Change-Up" and "Horrible Bosses", the "Couples Retreat" actor is allegedly entering negotiations to star in new comedy "The Insane Laws".
Should the deal be finalized, he will star opposite Vince Vaughn. Deadline reports that screenwriter Jeremy Garelick, who happens to be Vaughn's close friend since working together in "The Break-Up", will make a directorial debut with this flick. Neal H. Moritz, in the meantime, serves as the producer.
"The Insane Laws" will tell a story of two friends whose relationship is tested when their grown children fall in love to each other. Things get worse after the daughter of Vaughn's character gets pregnant with the son of Bateman's character.
Bateman came to prominence after playing Michael Bluth on "Arrested Development", a role that led him to win some notable kudos including 2004 Golden Globe Awards for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy. This 42-year-old thesp recently appeared opposite Simon Pegg and Sigourney Weaver in "Paul".
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer