Johnny Depp's 'Lone Ranger' Set for 2012 Holiday Season
Next holiday season, cinema lovers would be able to watch Johnny Depp as "The Lone Ranger" sidekick. Disney has announced that the Gore Verbinski-directed film would hit theaters on December 21, 2012, as Disney's big holiday entry.
Occupying the slot, "Lone Ranger" adds the excitement to a ripe period for good films. It would go against Fox 2000's Ang Lee-directed "Life of Pi" and Relativity Media's Phillip Noyce-directed "Hunter Killer". But before that, Warner Bros would release "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" on December 14, 2012.
"The Lone Ranger" is starring Depp as the masked Texas ranger's sidekick named Comanche Tonto. Armie Hammer of "The Social Network" is playing the titular role. The film begins production later this year.
The hero's origin story begins with a group of Texas Rangers chasing down a gang of outlaws led by Butch Cavendish. The gang ambushes the Rangers, seemingly killing them all. One survivor is found, however, by an American Indian named Tonto, who nurses him back to health. The Ranger, donning a mask and riding a white stallion named Silver, teams up with Tonto to bring the unscrupulous gang and others of that ilk to justice.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'