Johnny Depp's 'Lone Ranger' Set for 2012 Holiday Season
Next holiday season, cinema lovers would be able to watch Johnny Depp as "The Lone Ranger" sidekick. Disney has announced that the Gore Verbinski-directed film would hit theaters on December 21, 2012, as Disney's big holiday entry.
Occupying the slot, "Lone Ranger" adds the excitement to a ripe period for good films. It would go against Fox 2000's Ang Lee-directed "Life of Pi" and Relativity Media's Phillip Noyce-directed "Hunter Killer". But before that, Warner Bros would release "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" on December 14, 2012.
"The Lone Ranger" is starring Depp as the masked Texas ranger's sidekick named Comanche Tonto. Armie Hammer of "The Social Network" is playing the titular role. The film begins production later this year.
The hero's origin story begins with a group of Texas Rangers chasing down a gang of outlaws led by Butch Cavendish. The gang ambushes the Rangers, seemingly killing them all. One survivor is found, however, by an American Indian named Tonto, who nurses him back to health. The Ranger, donning a mask and riding a white stallion named Silver, teams up with Tonto to bring the unscrupulous gang and others of that ilk to justice.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour