Johnny Depp's 'Lone Ranger' Set for 2012 Holiday Season
Next holiday season, cinema lovers would be able to watch Johnny Depp as "The Lone Ranger" sidekick. Disney has announced that the Gore Verbinski-directed film would hit theaters on December 21, 2012, as Disney's big holiday entry.
Occupying the slot, "Lone Ranger" adds the excitement to a ripe period for good films. It would go against Fox 2000's Ang Lee-directed "Life of Pi" and Relativity Media's Phillip Noyce-directed "Hunter Killer". But before that, Warner Bros would release "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" on December 14, 2012.
"The Lone Ranger" is starring Depp as the masked Texas ranger's sidekick named Comanche Tonto. Armie Hammer of "The Social Network" is playing the titular role. The film begins production later this year.
The hero's origin story begins with a group of Texas Rangers chasing down a gang of outlaws led by Butch Cavendish. The gang ambushes the Rangers, seemingly killing them all. One survivor is found, however, by an American Indian named Tonto, who nurses him back to health. The Ranger, donning a mask and riding a white stallion named Silver, teams up with Tonto to bring the unscrupulous gang and others of that ilk to justice.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler