Adele Slammed for Making Comments About Tax
Adele has set the Twitter on frenzy after her comments about the amount of tax she had to pay made the headlines. The Brit complained in a recent interview with Q magazine of having to pay 50 per cent tax for transportation and school systems which are beyond her expectation.
"I'm mortified to have to pay 50 percent! [While] I use the NHS, I can't use the public transport any more," she said. "Trains are always late, most state schools are s*** and I've gotta give you, like, four million quid - are you having a laugh? When I got my tax bill in from 19, I was ready to go and buy a gun and randomly open fire."
Adele had earned millions from her latest album "21" which reigned both U.K. and U.S. charts for weeks. The album, which is expected to go back to number one on Billboard Hot 200 this week, has sold almost 2 million copies Stateside. She is ranked number nine by The Sunday Times in the list of richest young music stars.
The "Rolling in the Deep" singer may get some love in her album sales, but not on Twitter due to the comment. A Twitter user wrote, "Adele i dont care if your rolling in the F-ing deep. Pay you tax and stop moaning. Wish i were paying 50%." Another was more harsh, saying "Got my paycheque today. Looking at the amount I take home after tax and national insurance is just depressing. F*** you, Adele."
More Adele News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce