Adele Slammed for Making Comments About Tax
Adele has set the Twitter on frenzy after her comments about the amount of tax she had to pay made the headlines. The Brit complained in a recent interview with Q magazine of having to pay 50 per cent tax for transportation and school systems which are beyond her expectation.
"I'm mortified to have to pay 50 percent! [While] I use the NHS, I can't use the public transport any more," she said. "Trains are always late, most state schools are s*** and I've gotta give you, like, four million quid - are you having a laugh? When I got my tax bill in from 19, I was ready to go and buy a gun and randomly open fire."
Adele had earned millions from her latest album "21" which reigned both U.K. and U.S. charts for weeks. The album, which is expected to go back to number one on Billboard Hot 200 this week, has sold almost 2 million copies Stateside. She is ranked number nine by The Sunday Times in the list of richest young music stars.
The "Rolling in the Deep" singer may get some love in her album sales, but not on Twitter due to the comment. A Twitter user wrote, "Adele i dont care if your rolling in the F-ing deep. Pay you tax and stop moaning. Wish i were paying 50%." Another was more harsh, saying "Got my paycheque today. Looking at the amount I take home after tax and national insurance is just depressing. F*** you, Adele."
More Adele News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'