Emma Stone Offers 'The Help' in New Trailer
Emma Stone is offering assistance to African-American maids in a new "The Help" trailer.
In the video, Stone's Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan is seen proposing her plan to address the racial lines between the maids and their employers. The preview also gives a look at Chris Lowell, Skeeter's boyfriend.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film tells a story of a friendship among a young white woman and two African-American maids. This movie also reveals how different the life of the whites and blacks in Jackson, Mississippi, because there are always racial lines between the two parties.
While Stone plays the young white woman, Viola Davis portrays Aibileen Clark, a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children. Octavia Spencer is also cast as Minny Jackson, another African-American maid who frequently gets fired because she used to talk back to her employers. The film will hit U.S. theaters on August 12.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'