Emma Stone Offers 'The Help' in New Trailer
Emma Stone is offering assistance to African-American maids in a new "The Help" trailer.
In the video, Stone's Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan is seen proposing her plan to address the racial lines between the maids and their employers. The preview also gives a look at Chris Lowell, Skeeter's boyfriend.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film tells a story of a friendship among a young white woman and two African-American maids. This movie also reveals how different the life of the whites and blacks in Jackson, Mississippi, because there are always racial lines between the two parties.
While Stone plays the young white woman, Viola Davis portrays Aibileen Clark, a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children. Octavia Spencer is also cast as Minny Jackson, another African-American maid who frequently gets fired because she used to talk back to her employers. The film will hit U.S. theaters on August 12.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5