Emma Stone Offers 'The Help' in New Trailer
Emma Stone is offering assistance to African-American maids in a new "The Help" trailer.
In the video, Stone's Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan is seen proposing her plan to address the racial lines between the maids and their employers. The preview also gives a look at Chris Lowell, Skeeter's boyfriend.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film tells a story of a friendship among a young white woman and two African-American maids. This movie also reveals how different the life of the whites and blacks in Jackson, Mississippi, because there are always racial lines between the two parties.
While Stone plays the young white woman, Viola Davis portrays Aibileen Clark, a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children. Octavia Spencer is also cast as Minny Jackson, another African-American maid who frequently gets fired because she used to talk back to her employers. The film will hit U.S. theaters on August 12.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7