Emma Stone Offers 'The Help' in New Trailer
Emma Stone is offering assistance to African-American maids in a new "The Help" trailer.
In the video, Stone's Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan is seen proposing her plan to address the racial lines between the maids and their employers. The preview also gives a look at Chris Lowell, Skeeter's boyfriend.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film tells a story of a friendship among a young white woman and two African-American maids. This movie also reveals how different the life of the whites and blacks in Jackson, Mississippi, because there are always racial lines between the two parties.
While Stone plays the young white woman, Viola Davis portrays Aibileen Clark, a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children. Octavia Spencer is also cast as Minny Jackson, another African-American maid who frequently gets fired because she used to talk back to her employers. The film will hit U.S. theaters on August 12.
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia