Emma Stone Offers 'The Help' in New Trailer
Emma Stone is offering assistance to African-American maids in a new "The Help" trailer.
In the video, Stone's Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan is seen proposing her plan to address the racial lines between the maids and their employers. The preview also gives a look at Chris Lowell, Skeeter's boyfriend.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film tells a story of a friendship among a young white woman and two African-American maids. This movie also reveals how different the life of the whites and blacks in Jackson, Mississippi, because there are always racial lines between the two parties.
While Stone plays the young white woman, Viola Davis portrays Aibileen Clark, a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children. Octavia Spencer is also cast as Minny Jackson, another African-American maid who frequently gets fired because she used to talk back to her employers. The film will hit U.S. theaters on August 12.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support