Video: Taylor Swift and Shania Twain's 'Thelma and Louise' Parody at 2011 CMT Awards
Although Taylor Swift couldn't attend 2011 CMT Music Awards because she's bound to perform in Milwaukee, she managed to make appearance at the June 8 show. Teaming up with her senior Shania Twain, the 21-year-old country music crooner kicked off the event with a hilarious parody of outlaw classic "Thelma & Louise".
The video opens with a heartbroken Taylor talking to her boyfriend on the phone. "I can't believe you're doing this to me. I'm supposed to going to studio now and record a love song that I just wrote about you," she said before screaming to him. "Never call me again. We are through." In real life, Taylor was rumored to be dumped by Joe Jonas over the phone two years ago.
Instead of crafting new music like she was supposed to do, Taylor called Shania and they hit the road together in this clip. With Shania as her sidekick, the American sweetheart is ready for action because she's "tired of playing nice." They dodge the police and make headline all over the media which leads Donald Trump to make a comment about them. Amidst their adventurous road trip, they run into Kid Rock and a hottie played by Chord Overstreet.
2011 CMT Music Awards was held live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville with Kid Rock as a host. Taylor Swift took the top honor, Video of the Year, and wrote on Twitter, "Ahhhh!!!! I'm jumping up and down in the dressing room, so stoked about the Video of the Year award!!! Thank you! Thank you! You guys...!" However, it was Blake Shelton and The Band Perry who got the most kudos. They bagged two coveted prizes each.
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years
- Ellen DeGeneres Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Coming Out in Special Episode
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle