2011 CMT Music Awards: Blake Shelton Wins Male Video of the Year
More and more winners were announced at the live telecast of 2011 CMT Music Awards taking place at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on June 8. Right after the joint performance by host Kid Rock and this year's Collaborative Video of the Year nominee Sheryl Crow, it was announced that Lady Antebellum took home Group Video of the Year.
They beat Little Big Town ("Little White Church"), Rascal Flatts ("Why Wait"), The Band Perry ("If I Die Young") and Zac Brown Band ("Colder Weather"). Upon receiving the trophy from Ricky Schroder and Laura Bell Bundy, they took time to thank Roman White who is vying for Video Director of the Year.
"American Idol" winner Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina finally made their debut on the CMT Music Awards stage by teaming up to introduce live performance by Duo Video of the Year winner Sugarland. Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush delivered "Stand Up", dedicating it the victims of natural disasters recently hitting the Southeast.
Another winner of the night, Lady Antebellum, also celebrated the night by performing live for the fans. Hillary Scott and her bandmates performed Prince's "Kiss" with Charles Kelley taking the drums. Their Wednesday night performance was introduced by Sara Evans and Sheryl Crow.
Later in the evening, Shania Twain came on to the stage. Taylor Swift, her sidekick in "Thelma & Louise" parody which was played at the beginning of the show, was not seen though because she's tweeting "hi" from the backstage of her concert in Milwaukee.
Shania was there to introduce Male Video of the Year and accidentally fell on the way to the stage. She quickly recovered from the unexpected incident, and then presented Blake Shelton as the winner. Like his wife Miranda Lambert who is the recipient of Female Video of the Year, Blake was also absent from the show. He, however, appeared from the set of "The Voice" in L.A. to give his acceptance speech.
His music video for "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking" tackled Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party", Kenny Chesney's "The Boys of Fall", Toby Keith's "Bullets in the Gun" and Keith Urban's "Without You".
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says