Michelle Obama Set to Guest Star on 'iCarly'
Having made appearances on some talk shows, Michelle Obama is now going to a scripted show. The First Lady of the United States is booked to guest star in an episode of "iCarly", Nickelodeon's comedy series starring Miranda Cosgrove.
Michelle will make use of her appearance to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families. "It's a feel-good initiative and regardless of your political affinity, everybody cares about these families, so it just feels right," says the network president Cyma Zarghami on Wednesday, June 8.
The episode will see Carly Shay's (Cosgrove's character) two best friends breaking some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. "The first lady discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible," Zarghami tells The Associated Press.
"iCarly" episode featuring Obama is likely to air in January. Zarghami says she is not afraid that the stint would make a political statement for the show or Nickelodeon.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert