Michelle Obama Set to Guest Star on 'iCarly'
Having made appearances on some talk shows, Michelle Obama is now going to a scripted show. The First Lady of the United States is booked to guest star in an episode of "iCarly", Nickelodeon's comedy series starring Miranda Cosgrove.
Michelle will make use of her appearance to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families. "It's a feel-good initiative and regardless of your political affinity, everybody cares about these families, so it just feels right," says the network president Cyma Zarghami on Wednesday, June 8.
The episode will see Carly Shay's (Cosgrove's character) two best friends breaking some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. "The first lady discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible," Zarghami tells The Associated Press.
"iCarly" episode featuring Obama is likely to air in January. Zarghami says she is not afraid that the stint would make a political statement for the show or Nickelodeon.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic