Michelle Obama Set to Guest Star on 'iCarly'
Having made appearances on some talk shows, Michelle Obama is now going to a scripted show. The First Lady of the United States is booked to guest star in an episode of "iCarly", Nickelodeon's comedy series starring Miranda Cosgrove.
Michelle will make use of her appearance to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families. "It's a feel-good initiative and regardless of your political affinity, everybody cares about these families, so it just feels right," says the network president Cyma Zarghami on Wednesday, June 8.
The episode will see Carly Shay's (Cosgrove's character) two best friends breaking some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. "The first lady discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible," Zarghami tells The Associated Press.
"iCarly" episode featuring Obama is likely to air in January. Zarghami says she is not afraid that the stint would make a political statement for the show or Nickelodeon.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident