Michelle Obama Set to Guest Star on 'iCarly'
Having made appearances on some talk shows, Michelle Obama is now going to a scripted show. The First Lady of the United States is booked to guest star in an episode of "iCarly", Nickelodeon's comedy series starring Miranda Cosgrove.
Michelle will make use of her appearance to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families. "It's a feel-good initiative and regardless of your political affinity, everybody cares about these families, so it just feels right," says the network president Cyma Zarghami on Wednesday, June 8.
The episode will see Carly Shay's (Cosgrove's character) two best friends breaking some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. "The first lady discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible," Zarghami tells The Associated Press.
"iCarly" episode featuring Obama is likely to air in January. Zarghami says she is not afraid that the stint would make a political statement for the show or Nickelodeon.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie