Michelle Obama Set to Guest Star on 'iCarly'
Having made appearances on some talk shows, Michelle Obama is now going to a scripted show. The First Lady of the United States is booked to guest star in an episode of "iCarly", Nickelodeon's comedy series starring Miranda Cosgrove.
Michelle will make use of her appearance to promote Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families. "It's a feel-good initiative and regardless of your political affinity, everybody cares about these families, so it just feels right," says the network president Cyma Zarghami on Wednesday, June 8.
The episode will see Carly Shay's (Cosgrove's character) two best friends breaking some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. "The first lady discovers it and comes to have a chat with them in the most positive way possible," Zarghami tells The Associated Press.
"iCarly" episode featuring Obama is likely to air in January. Zarghami says she is not afraid that the stint would make a political statement for the show or Nickelodeon.
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club